Menu

Dr. Hive help please.

TammyinTN

Yesterday I started kettle bell swings--20 lbs, I did 50.   It didn't hurt doing it, but this morning I can barely use or move my right arm without pain.  I hurts right under my arm pit and around the front of the shoulder.   What if anything should I do today?  It's a rest day for me, so no exercise.    

Thanks for any advice! 

You overdid it for the first day!!! :eek:

I hate to say this, but you're going to need more than one rest day.

The exact same thing happened to me when I first started using kettlebells, and let's just say I learned the hard way to wait for it to get better before I tried again.

Gentle stretching might help, but be super-careful!

Sorry you got hurt. :(

Thanks y'all.   The nurse called and told me to ice it every 20 minutes for today and tomorrow.  Thursday to start using heat.  I'm to take Flexeril when 

I get home from the dentist this afternoon and use a sling to walk only and then try to use it gently there after.  No more kettle bell until fully healed.  This is a major setback and I so want to cry!

Thanks y'all. The nurse called and told me to ice it every 20 minutes for today and tomorrow. Thursday to start using heat. I'm to take Flexeril when

I get home from the dentist this afternoon and use a sling to walk only and then try to use it gently there after. No more kettle bell until fully healed. This is a major setback and I so want to cry!

:grouphug:

Cry if you want. I often feel better after and then I can get my mind in a better place. It doesn't have to be a setback.