Menu

If my 10 year old ds loves Harry Potter and Percy Jackson...

Just Kate

Loki's Wolves-the sequel isn't out yet, though, so you may want to wait.

The other Rick Riordan series-there is one on Egypt and another focused on Roman mythology.

There's also a book called "Gilded" which focuses on Korean mythology (with a female protagonist/warrior, and the smart friend is a male-a nice turn from the usual format). Again, only the first book is out.

The Mysterious Benedict Society series

maybe The Name of this Book is Secret series

maybe A Whole Nother Story series

the Tiffany Aching books (a subset of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series; Books are The Wee Free Men; A Hat Full of Sky; Wintersmith; I Shall Wear Midnight)

Prydrain Chronicles- Alexander

Mysterious Benedict Society

Warrior, Seeker or other series by Hunter

Artemis Fowl

Half Magic

Redwall (reading this one now and ds is totally in love with it)

Gregor the Overlander (just bought this Sat and ds has already tore threw it)

Ds has read and loved many of the books listed on this thread:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/504123-favorite-childrens-fantasy-books-classic-and-contemporary/

The ones Dmmetler is talking about are The Kane Chronicles.  They are written by Rick Riordan and are based on the Egyptian Pantheon.  They are Indy's favorite.  I don't know what the Roman books are though.  Anyone know?  There is the Roman Mysteries series by Caroline Lawrence, which are good (according to Indy), but I don't know of any by Rick Riordan.

The ones Dmmetler is talking about are The Kane Chronicles. They are written by Rick Riordan and are based on the Egyptian Pantheon. They are Indy's favorite. I don't know what the Roman books are though. Anyone know? There is the Roman Mysteries series by Caroline Lawrence, which are good (according to Indy), but I don't know of any by Rick Riordan.

I think she means The Heroes of Olympus, still Percy Jackson but I think technically a different series.

Oh, my 10 yo and I are reading Artemis Fowl together - book 3 was not my fave but I'm LOVING book 4 . . .my older kids read it on their own, so we already owned them (dh used to like buying books, now i've convinced him to use the library . . . )

The Princess and the Goblin and The Princess and Curdie

Narnia books

A Wrinkle In Time 

Inkheart

Eragon

Peter and the Starcatchers

The Invention of Hugo Cabaret

The Phantom Tollbooth

The Mysterious Benedict Society

The Indian in the Cupboard