Menu

can i use WWE1 and wait to start FLL1 the next year?

Dentdiva5

I am planning for next year for my dd's first grade year and I need some direction. Right now we are just using AAR and AAS and Abeka handwriting for Language Arts, but next year I'd like to add something for writing practice as well as worksheets to supplement/support what she's learning in AAR/AAS. I love the look of FLL and WWE, but I don't really want to introduce her to grammar until second grade. So! Can I wait on FLL and just do WWE1? I've looked at CLE Language Arts and their workbooks seem to go along with AAS/AAR, so my question is, would it be enough for her to do AAR2, AAS2, WWE1, and CLE LA1? Her handwriting is excellent, so I don't think she needs any more formal handwriting instruction- she just needs practice, which I assume she will get with WWE1? I'm such a newbie- any help would be great! Thanks!!

I'm not familiar with CLE, but we use AAS, FLL and WWE. I think it is perfectly fine to wait on FLL.

One thing to know about FLL is that the lessons for Level 1 are extremely short and very repetitive. Also, if you're doing or have done WWE, you can skip the dictation and narration lessons in FLL. If you waited until second grade, you could easily accelerate through Level 1. You probably could even fit Level 1 and 2 into the same year.

It doesn't matter what level you do for each, but the pp is correct. Just start at FLL2 next year. We started formal grammar with my 2nd and 3rd grader at FLL3 with no problem! They are very gentle and don't require previous knowledge. WWE is different as you are building skill.

It doesn't matter what level you do for each, but the pp is correct. Just start at FLL2 next year. We started formal grammar with my 2nd and 3rd grader at FLL3 with no problem! They are very gentle and don't require previous knowledge. WWE is different as you are building skill.

This.  We started with FLL2 with both boys.  We found FLL1 too repetitive and easy, it definitely would not be a good fit for a 2nd grader unless there are extenuating circumstances.