Menu

my cat got out and got under deck of meanest man on the block

Jeannie in NJ

ok first we just moved here in Dec and we put in a 6ft fence around our large, wooded great back yard and our cats get to go out and enjoy our yard so what happens when I open the front door to get my box from amazon?  My big fat orange boy races out, I am chasing him thru 4 back yards and then we get to the backyard of who I have been told is the "very mean, keep your distance from" neighbor.  Anyway, he has a large deck that has lattice all around it except for one opening that is about 1 1/2 ft wide.  So Ginger runs thru that and then goes all the way across to hide on the other side under the deck.  I could not get him out but I could not leave him there as I don't know if the neighbor is the type to come out with a gun .  IThere was a truck there so I don't know if anyone was home or not but anyway I crawled into the opening and the underneath of the deck was about maybe 2 ft high at the most.  It was muddy and covered with rotten leaves.  I had to crawl all the way to the other side and get that bad cat.  All the time, I was afraid that the mean guy was home and would come outside and who knows what would have happened.  Thankfully no one came out and I got Ginger home and he will not go out now in our back yard, I think he is afraid and has had enough outside for today.

ok first we just moved here in Dec and we put in a 6ft fence around our large, wooded great back yard and our cats get to go out and enjoy our yard so what happens when I open the front door to get my box from amazon?  My big fat orange boy races out, I am chasing him thru 4 back yards and then we get to the backyard of who I have been told is the "very mean, keep your distance from" neighbor.  Anyway, he has a large deck that has lattice all around it except for one opening that is about 1 1/2 ft wide.  So Ginger runs thru that and then goes all the way across to hide on the other side under the deck.  I could not get him out but I could not leave him there as I don't know if the neighbor is the type to come out with a gun .  IThere was a truck there so I don't know if anyone was home or not but anyway I crawled into the opening and the underneath of the deck was about maybe 2 ft high at the most.  It was muddy and covered with rotten leaves.  I had to crawl all the way to the other side and get that bad cat.  All the time, I was afraid that the mean guy was home and would come outside and who knows what would have happened.  Thankfully no one came out and I got Ginger home and he will not go out now in our back yard, I think he is afraid and has had enough outside for today.

I thought this was going to end as a Boo Radley story.  I was waiting for him to come out, bring you a cup of tea, and demonstrate his amazing cat whistling technique to save your boy.  But I guess as long as the cat was recovered, it was still a good ending. 

But girl, don't do that again!!!  It's way better to knock on a mean guy's door than to enter his property, crawl under his house, and .... gosh, I can come up with a lot of bad endings here.  He traps you under there and won't let you out, he shoots you as an intruder, he calls 911 and the siren scares the cat off .... 

I've had to chase after a bad boy cat too. In my pjs... In the winter ... Crawling through the neighbor's yard, armed with an open can of cat food ... calling "Here, Damn Cat!"

I have never, however, had to crawl under a mean neighbor's deck. You have my utmost admiration.

yes, I was nervous and I was just hoping he was either not home (even tho a truck was there) or if he was home that he was napping, watching tv, taking shower, etc.  He also has a huge fenced in pen in his back yard, I heard that he has a couple of mean dogs also so I was afraid if I  knocked on the door he would let the dogs out to catch my cat.  I did not see any signs of the dogs and there was no barking so maybe they were all gone from the house.  I do not want to go thru that again so Ginger better just stay in his own back yard.

yes, I was nervous and I was just hoping he was either not home (even tho a truck was there) or if he was home that he was napping, watching tv, taking shower, etc. He also has a huge fenced in pen in his back yard, I heard that he has a couple of mean dogs also so I was afraid if I knocked on the door he would let the dogs out to catch my cat. I did not see any signs of the dogs and there was no barking so maybe they were all gone from the house. I do not want to go thru that again so Ginger better just stay in his own back yard.

I don't know....

Now that Ginger has a newfound taste for adventure, maybe you'd better try to make friends with Mr. Mean Neighbor Guy... ;)

Ginger has discovered The World on the Other Side of the Fence -- and it's FUN!

I thought this was going to end as a Boo Radley story.  I was waiting for him to come out, bring you a cup of tea, and demonstrate his amazing cat whistling technique to save your boy. 

LOL!   :001_smile:  

OP, I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the title of your thread, but I have to say, you're a great cat mom!!   :thumbup:   I'm so glad you're both okay.

(And orange cats are the best...)

Once, ours got away and run under the pickup truck in the yard of the meanest man on OUR block!  Fortunately when we got out a can of tuna and a spoon, and tapped on the can with the spoon, he crawled out and then caught the smell of tuna and followed me back home.  :)

I'm glad you got yours out okay!  Maybe you can start training him to know that when he hears a spoon tapping on a can, he'll get a taste of tuna...