Menu

Lark Rise to Candleford

KungFuPanda

Whichever one of you peer pressured me into watching this owes me about 15 hours of my life back. I've got 2 1/2 seasons left and I just can't quit. Sure, it had a hum drum start and JUST as I was about to abandon it things got interesting. I ACT like I'm productive. I put on an episode and fold a load of clothes, but it simply does not take an hour o fold a load of clothes.

I am too suggestible for The Hive.

When did it get interesting? I started with the first season and watched 3 episodes. I was so bored I could not stand another minute of it. Sounds like I should have given it more of a chance.

Everyone got more interesting around episode 5 or 6. Or just skip to season two.

My only frustration is that it ended so abruptly.  So many loose ends not tied up!!

You're breaking my heart. If I read the books will it tie up those loose ends?

I loved Lark Rise to Candleford! It's such a sweet series  to float through while doing something else like knitting or sewing. I know I'm not missing much by not watching every second, kwim?

I do wish they would have had the squire (what was his name again? Timothy?) and his wife come back every now and then. And I really  missed you-know-who in the last season. I don't want to say more since Panda hasn't seen all of it yet. ;)

The book is very good.

And on the dvd sets - season 2 or 3, iirc- there is an older documentary done about the real Lark Rise! They even showed Queenie's cottage and her lace making spindles. Fascinating stuff!!

Oh, I love Lark Rise. Love the books, love the series! 15 hours well spent :)

THERE ARE BOOKS?  Why did I not know this???  I am reading a book on the Plague right now, and then one on the Rwandan genocide.  I was just telling the family I need to read a book about puppies or pandas afterwards.  Lark Rise would be perfect!  Off to visit my BFF Amazon...

THERE ARE BOOKS? Why did I not know this??? I am reading a book on the Plague right now, and then one on the Rwandan genocide. I was just telling the family I need to read a book about puppies or pandas afterwards. Lark Rise would be perfect! Off to visit my BFF Amazon...

I'll start writing my memoirs now so that you can cross pandas off your list.