Menu

Sipping my first cup of bulletproof coffee this morning, and...

StaceyinLA

I cannot BELIEVE how yummy it is! I seriously did NOT expect it to be this good.

I didn't have any grounds for my new French press yet, so I just brewed a plain coffee in my Keurig, then blended it with a generous tablespoon of both butter (kerrygold grass-fed and unsalted) and coconut oil, then threw in a dash of cinnamon. It is frothy, not bitter at all, and SO yummy!!

I have had a hard time giving up sugar in my coffee, even when not eating sugar, but this is gonna be a breeze!

Oo. Now that was interesting--only had about 3/4 of a cup left in the coffee maker so I just warmed that with 1t each of coconut oil and butter and a dash of cinnamon (as you suggested), and then whipped it in the blender. Not bad--not bad at all.

I'm sorta doing Atkins, so this fits right in. 

Thanks!

I don't drink mine really fast either, and it was cool before I finished, but it was fine - all seemed to stay blended.

I wondered about it also. My niece was raving about it, and then my dd tried it and said she loved it. I got my butter yesterday and made it this morning. I am in love with it, and trying to keep myself from making a second cup. If I had decaf I would've made it already! I'm just afraid I'll bounce off the walls with another caffeinated cup!

Hmm

I used my immersion blender to mix it and it never did get frothy. Maybe I should give it another go??

I don't know why, but my immersion (stick) blender doesn't work well for this (unless I"m doing a hot-cocoa version for the kids).  I use a mini-blender.

I have a Ninja blender that also has the drinking cups w/ the mini blades (so you can just make one serving).

Let me just provide a PSA:

Don't put hot coffee in the individual sized cup, along w/ your butter &/or coconut oil, then put on the blade lid, flip it & attach it to the blender base. The heat of the coffee (I'm guessing) made the seal not tight & once I started the blender, I ended up w/ oily coffee all over me, the kitchen, the walls, etc.... Please learn from my mistake! :laugh:

(However, it did work fine in my regular blender.)

Bummed to hear that an immersion blender won't do it. Was planning to try that next... :glare:

I have a Ninja blender that also has the drinking cups w/ the mini blades (so you can just make one serving).

3975120-49261-grunge-warning-stamp.jpg

warning_i_do_stupid_things_tee_shirt-rb8

Let me just provide a PSA:

Don't put hot coffee in the individual sized cup, along w/ your butter &/or coconut oil, then put on the blade lid, flip it & attach it to the blender base. The heat of the coffee (I'm guessing) made the seal not tight & once I started the blender, I ended up w/ oily coffee all over me, the kitchen, the walls, etc.... Please learn from my mistake! :laugh:

(However, it did work fine in my regular blender.)

Bummed to hear that an immersion blender won't do it. Was planning to try that next... :glare:

Do make mine in my bullet all the time. I did have a problem once, but I think I didn't screw it on properly. My problem is the heat usually makes the seal too tight and I have a hard time unscrewing it.

Do make mine in my bullet all the time. I did have a problem once, but I think I didn't screw it on properly. My problem is the heat usually makes the seal too tight and I have a hard time unscrewing it.

Ok, maybe I'll brave it another time. Was the coffee you put in yours really hot???

I can't get past the virtual oily mouth-feel of hot liquid and straight-up fat. I make my lattes with 1/2 & 1/2 so it's not fat overall, it's straight-up fat. Blech, despite all the goodness of EVCO and grass-fed butter which we use in products other than coffee. The cinnamon sounds good though :tongue_smilie: But OP I'm glad you've found a ritual to begin your day with...tea/coffee/mate/miso whatever warmth welcomes your being gently into the morning, nothing like it.

:drool5: I love it too. I just have some mental issue with getting both my coffee maker and blender dirty that early in the morning. :o

Hey, that's nothing! I got the coffee maker, the blender, the separate cup/blender part, myself (including a wool sweater), my jeans, my shoes, the floors, the walls, the counters, the table, the cabinet fronts, maybe the cats.... :tongue_smilie:

A coffee maker & blender being dirty is nothing! Live a little! :lol:

So very glad you told me this. Was brave enough this morning to try it in the bullet this morning & it's perfect. (Plus, I'm not wearing my coffee this morning! Lol!)