Menu

List of classics arranged by order of difficulty?

This type of organization of the classics is something I would really love to get my hands on.  Obviously, I wouldn't expect any list to include every. single. book but something pretty extensive would be awesome.  

Does something like this exist?

Thanks,

Tammy

I've started making one, but it's a LOT of work.  There are several typos and some authors names that I need to go back and fix (authors with two last names), and some links that I need to add.  It's mostly for elementary grades.  I couldn't find level information for some of them (I'm still looking).  However, as it stands, each column is sortable so you can sort by various reading difficulties.  You can scroll up and down (there are 165 entries) and side to side.  Basically, it's a work in progress.  Let me know if you have any helpful suggestions to make it better.  :)   It was VERY helpful for me in figuring out our reading list for next year, especially since I included not only the reading levels but also the "interest level".

http://www.homeschoolingzen.com/childrens-classic-literature-reading-list/

I've started making one, but it's a LOT of work.  There are several typos and some authors names that I need to go back and fix (authors with two last names), and some links that I need to add.  It's mostly for elementary grades.  I couldn't find level information for some of them (I'm still looking).  However, as it stands, each column is sortable so you can sort by various reading difficulties.  You can scroll up and down (there are 165 entries) and side to side.  Basically, it's a work in progress.  Let me know if you have any helpful suggestions to make it better.  :)   It was VERY helpful for me in figuring out our reading list for next year, especially since I included not only the reading levels but also the "interest level".

Thanks for posting this!  I am off to check it out!

Thanks for your hard work! I especially appreciate the links to free kindle editions when available.

I've started making one, but it's a LOT of work. There are several typos and some authors names that I need to go back and fix (authors with two last names), and some links that I need to add. It's mostly for elementary grades. I couldn't find level information for some of them (I'm still looking). However, as it stands, each column is sortable so you can sort by various reading difficulties. You can scroll up and down (there are 165 entries) and side to side. Basically, it's a work in progress. Let me know if you have any helpful suggestions to make it better. :) It was VERY helpful for me in figuring out our reading list for next year, especially since I included not only the reading levels but also the "interest level".

I've started making one, but it's a LOT of work. There are several typos and some authors names that I need to go back and fix (authors with two last names), and some links that I need to add. It's mostly for elementary grades. I couldn't find level information for some of them (I'm still looking). However, as it stands, each column is sortable so you can sort by various reading difficulties. You can scroll up and down (there are 165 entries) and side to side. Basically, it's a work in progress. Let me know if you have any helpful suggestions to make it better. :) It was VERY helpful for me in figuring out our reading list for next year, especially since I included not only the reading levels but also the "interest level".

This is an incredible resource! Thank you so very much for sharing the fruit of your labor!