Menu

Is there an age when teenage boys finally get full?

elegantlion

My ds eats more like you would expect from a guy his size these days, but it was scary when he was a teen.  My favorite example is the day he and his friend came in one afternoon to make a snack.  They ate a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon and a loaf of bread toasted with jelly.  Two hours later they each ate a large pizza for dinner.  The boys put away a lot of food. Good luck and enjoy.

Our youngest of 4 sons puts his food in his hollow legs. He will eat 2-3 helpings of cereal every morning and the bowl is kind of big. I don't always prepare him lunch but he eats lots of leftovers. He always serves himself last at dinner so that everyone else can at least get one serving. He lifts weights and weighs 145 but doesn't look it, he's kind of tall, and definitely looks fit. 

Our other sons did not eat like this so he either really likes our cooking or he has a big appetite and high metabolism. I don't know if they grow out of it and maybe it depends on their activity level.

My boys are strange--they've never been really big eaters.

My youngest isn't a really huge eater, but the oldest -- oh. my. goodness.  We call him the walking black hole.  He walks anywhere near food and it gets sucked in. ;)  He's almost 18 .5 and I haven't noticed any lessening of consumption yet.

My ds8 never gets full. I have literally never ever heard him say that he was full. Ever. He asks for food constantly, and I can't allow him to eat 24/7 because I simply can't afford it. He is very lean and has a ton of muscle for his age. Oh, to have his metabolism. I don't know what I'm going to do when he's a teenager if he already eats like this. We do allow him to have more helpings, etc. because if we didn't he would become underweight.

They get full faster once they move out and pay for their own groceries...I have observed. :laugh:

Or needs to handle an externally-imposed budget!

When ds comes home, he first gives me a hug and kiss (awwww), does the same with youngest dd, and then opens the refrigerator :lol: