Menu

Summer shoes for boys???

Janie Grace

I'm looking for THE summer shoe and thought someone here might have an idea. Here are the stipulations: Don't require socks, durable, no openings for dirt (like Crocs) and preferably don't stink too badly. I'm thinking some kinds of closed-toe sport sandal with anti-microbal something-or-other? I'm willing to pay up to $50 or so if the shoe is right. 

We do Keens for summer shoes (we've used both the sandals with the closed toe and the full shoe style.)  They do stink for my oldest DS but not so bad that it bothers anyone.  I wash them once in a while and they're okay.  I stick with Keens because they are durable enough to last the entire summer with whatever the kids throw at them (camp and other outdoor adventures included.)

Keens are my favorite summer shoe for DS. We usually get the newport and they're comfy, and don't get super stinky. At the end of the day, I'll frequently hose them off and sit them out on the front step over night. By morning, they're clean and dry.