Menu

Independent Science for Grade 5? Can Apologia Elementary be done independently?

My dd has enjoyed increasing independence.  She wants to do Swimming Creatures next year but I'm not sure that can be done independently.  I would be providing oversight and helping her with difficult words of course, but I am kind of thinking it might be good to do an independent Science next year.  

She has AWESOME comprehension but often mispronounces new words, badly.  She reads extremely fast (I think at speed reading level) and doesn't want to take time to sound out new words.  Therefore, I do worry that she will skip all of the difficult words Jeannie Fulbright uses.  

We are doing Swimming Creatures next year for fourth grade. My daughter works independently (by choice) on everything and I think it will be a good fit. She will need some help with projects and maybe some pronouncing but for the most part I think she will do just fine. Our books came last week and she has been reading them already and can't wait to start.