Menu

History Spine after SWB's books? 11th/12th grade?

I teach at a small classical Christian school. We use SWB's *History of the Ancient World* (and following) for our high school history courses for 9th and 10th grades, but are casting about trying to find a good spine for the rest of the timeline.  We teach by lecture and a lot of discussion, read the spine, and provide an extensive bibliography for students to choose a number of books per semester to read alongside their assigned material -- an interest-driven component to enrich their history studies.

Any recommendations for a spine text? We need a book (books?) to cover Reformation/Elizabethan era to the present.

Thanks -

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have often thought it would be great if SWB wrote a US History book for her 4th book.  It could start with the earliest America stuff and go through present day.  That would be so awesome!

By the way, I think it is wonderful to spend a year on the Renaissance in the 11th grade.  We just need a 4th book that is somewhat chronological, and US History would fit the bill nicely.

• Like 1

I teach at a small classical Christian school. We use SWB's *History of the Ancient World* (and following) for our high school history courses for 9th and 10th grades, but are casting about trying to find a good spine for the rest of the timeline.  We teach by lecture and a lot of discussion, read the spine, and provide an extensive bibliography for students to choose a number of books per semester to read alongside their assigned material -- an interest-driven component to enrich their history studies.

Any recommendations for a spine text? We need a book (books?) to cover Reformation/Elizabethan era to the present.

Thanks -

I would love to find an extensive bibliography book list online to go with this book.