Menu

Something like LHTH... only more challenging?

SpicyPeanut

Anything?  DD will be 4 in September.  She knows a lot of the preschool stuff already but isn't ready for K stuff yet maturity and attention span wise. 

She knows all the capital and lowercase letters and their primary sounds, can count to about 16 (rote and objects), can add objects, knows colors, shapes, can sort by size and weight, has an extensive vocabulary, decent fine motor skills, can write her name,...

I like the organized layout of LHTH but I don't want her to be bored with "school".  I want this to be a good "intro to school year" that's fun... but I'd like to know she was going to learn something new. 

Any suggestions?

(Oh and I know there are many free resources however, I don't do very well with those and end up quitting about 2 weeks in because I get distracted... I have ADD and I need as few moving parts as possible).

Thanks in advance :-)

We start with LHTH, I skip or change some of the easier activities. Then if she wants to continue with any school she can work on HWOT, ETC primers, LOTW activities, AAR Pre-reading, and soon we'll add RS A to the mix. She often wants to participate in what her brothers are doing, so any lapbooks, projects, notebooking, etc. LHTH is just for her, it's fun and she loves it, even if some of it is too easy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  I decided (I think lol) on using a free curriculum I found at utterfliesandbarefootlasses.blogspot.com/  I believe the blog writer posts here at times.  It uses a bunch of resources I was already looking at.  It seems like just what I'm looking for :-)

• 1 month later...

I'm back to considering LHTH :crying: .  If I get in on ebay for cheap I'll give it a try.  I loooove the looks of Memoria Press Jr. K, however, my husband isn't thrilled about the price considering she's so young and who knows if we'll even like it KWIM?  Anyway... let's see if I win the bidding.  If I do, I can probably just beef up the letter stuff or replace with OPGTR.  Thanks again!