Menu

mouse trap

Dh bought some new mouse traps. he noticed on the instructions it said to use peanut butter or chocolate for bait

CHOCOLATE-

there is no way those mice are  having chocolate.

chocolate is a luxury item, only eaten once a month or so in this house.

ds18 said he is feeling very mousy and would like a block of chocolate :coolgleamA:

the mouse is not in the house, but rather we have almost a plague of native rats and mice in the vegetable garden. as they are native we are not meant to kill them, but rather live-trap and relocate. If we did this we would not have any vegetables, and we grow ALL of our own vegetables. So we are setting regular traps, plus using homemade live-traps, plus a little bit of bait in the greenhouse.
I have put a bounty on mice and rats. 20c a mouse and 50 c a rat. one of my children collected $38 after a week of trapping.

The rats are Australian Bush Rats, they make sort of mounds that they live in and dig long underground tunnels. They LOVE tomatoes, carrots(which they eat underground) beans, corn.... in fact they eat everything apart from spinach. They have a boom and bust life cycle, and they are right in the boom stage at the moment. We have this problem every year in Autumn.

:lol:

Native rats do not come into the house at all.

Um, sorry Sadie, but this isn't true. My friend out Ballarat way had one come into her kitchen to unzip her bananas and lick the skins clean. Fortunately they are little critters and can only eat one per night so her kids still got some of the intended banana muffins!