Menu

What is the best place to pierce a little girl's ears?

We took my daughter to the local tattoo/piercing parlor. It was...an experience. BUT I had no doubt that the piercer was well trained, and the equipment was all very sanitized. Plus, the piercer explained the differences in the piercing she used versus what you'd get at the mall - less painful, more sanitary, etc. We opted for a titanium stud since we have some history of nickle allergies in our family. 

If you Google around you'll see some discussion about the evils of mall piercing. I'm not entirely sure how bad they are. We just happen to live in an area where there is no local mall, but lots of tattoo parlors. Gotta love college towns!

I'm not sure the where is as important and the after care. *You* must be sure they are cleaned as directed and don't change out of the first ear rings for like, forever. At least as long as directed and often a while longer. We used Claire's. How old is your dd?

Another vote for professional piercing shop. In my state, it has to be one that does not do tattoos because no one under 18 may enter a tattoo parlor. The place we found for my oldest asked that we come in on one of their slowest afternoons, and the owner (a mom!) did it herself. Really fantastic experience.