Menu

Facebook Newbie-ish question

Tohru

I've created a Facebook account, again.  lol!  This is the 3rd time.  Since I last deleted my account everything has changed. 

In the "newer" format (current) is there way to hide your friend list from everyone else?  For example, if I add a friend, will all my friends see each other or is there a settting that none of my friends can see my other friends and that no one else can see my friends either?

I think there was a change less than a year ago that no longer allowed people to hide their friend list.  Although, that said, I was just at the page of an acquaintance and I tried to see her friend list and couldn't.  Perhaps they have a grandfathered-in thing happening.  I don't know. 

I don't think there is a setting that will hide your friends list from other people on your friends list. Is that the question?

Yes.  Thank you for clarifying my question for me :)

Okay, one can no longer hide your friend list from other friends - Could you hide the friend list from specific 'friends' if you selected them individually?

Hm, I don't *see* a setting like that, but I am not on a computer. There might be more settings to manage on an actual computer. In the meantime, I can go to a friend's page, click on a random person that *they* are friends with and see that person's friends even though most of their stuff is set to friends only.

Go to your timeline, click Friends, then Edit Privacy. In the drop-down under Who can see your friend list? choose which privacy setting you want. You do have the option to select Custom just as you do for statuses and other posts.

If you haven't used it in a while, do take a look at Facebook's Help section. You can browse articles about different privacy settings, features, how to customize your timeline, etc., and many of the Help pages show screenshots. You can also type a question into the search and find related Help pages.

Go to your timeline, click Friends, then Edit Privacy. In the drop-down under Who can see your friend list? choose which privacy setting you want. You do have the option to select Custom just as you do for statuses and other posts.

If you haven't used it in a while, do take a look at Facebook's Help section. You can browse articles about different privacy settings, features, how to customize your timeline, etc., and many of the Help pages show screenshots. You can also type a question into the search and find related Help pages.

Thank you!!