Menu

Repiquette

Guest Dulcimeramy

Guest Dulcimeramy

A few Q's: Is it considered gauche to brag about your rep? I just discovered it! I have to say something!

I read all the stickies and tried to figure out the system. I studied up and learned that it is mean to give bad rep anonymously (of course) but it is acceptable to give good rep and forget to sign your name. I've been tossing rep to the four winds. Whenever I like something, I rep it! Will I run out?

I didn't think "I" would get any rep. I'm not very witty or pithy or even all that sweet. I thought if I did get rep a buzzer would go off or an indicator light would blink or something.

Well. Tonight, to my compete surprise, when I clicked on "user CP" I saw five little reppies. There they were waiting for me, and I had no idea! I thought I wouldn't give a flying pig about this rep business but I have to admit I feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks to those who rep the new people! You made my day!

So I guess my questions are:

1. can you ever mention your rep or is it cooler not to? how much cooler?

2. will I run out of rep to share, should I consider rationing?

3. what is the plural of rep?

It's cooler not to mention it. How much? Way.

You'll run out each day, but your supply is refreshed every 24 hours.

Rep is singular and plural. Like moose.

:D

So I guess my questions are:

1. It is very uncool to mention it!! I would NEVER stoop to asking, begging or mentioning rep in any way shape of form. ;) if you rep me, I'll rep you! There are some who will automatically mark any thread that mentions rep with a one-star rating, and there are others who will join in the party and rep away!

2. You have 6 reps per 24 hours and you have to rep 30 other people before you can rep that person again.

3. Repi? Greenies? Peas? Happy points? Presents? Andes mints?

It's cooler not to mention it. How much? Way.

This was NOT in the newbie manual, man. Due to this procedural malfunction, I did not know that I was being uncool in calling attention to my second green square the other night (but thanks again DB in NJ! High five! :D).

I still want to be cool so now need to add question 1b to the original 3 questions:

1b. If one loses her cool unintentionally, how can one become cool again?

:bigear:

Guest Dulcimeramy

Thank you all for the education!

I'm proud of myself for asking. It comes with the age, I think. Mid-thirties, you don't mind asking for help with the cool. In contrast, when I was in junior high I walked around with unpegged jeans for weeks rather than ask somebody how to roll 'em. Pride. A friend finally took me (and my hems) in hand and upgraded me britches.

Now I'm just punchy! LOL 'nitey 'nite!

This was NOT in the newbie manual, man. Due to this procedural malfunction, I did not know that I was being uncool in calling attention to my second green square the other night (but thanks again DB in NJ! High five! :D).

I still want to be cool so now need to add question 1b to the original 3 questions:

In order to regain coolness you must rep everyone in this thread. It is in the manual....really, it is!! ;)

I just had a rep revelation! Did you know that if you hold your mouse over the reps, they say cute little sentences? On mine it says, "Shannon831 will be famous soon enough." Crissy, *Anj*, and WTMindy are "a splendid one to behold." The OP "is on a distinguished road."

How fun, I never noticed it before. Now I have to go and scroll over everyone's reps!

By listening to someone else brag about their newest square, and not thinking they're uncool. Here's your chance.

SIX! SIX! WOOT!

Okay, I'm done. Thank you. You are now as cool as you were before, and since I was only doing you a favor, I also have not lost any cool.

I always hear about the rep points but don't quite get them. I know we can give them to people for saying something smart, witty, funny, or whatever floats our boat. What is their purpose though- just to see who is liked the best? Has the best answers? Help me here, lol.

But then what about giving negative points, why in the world would we want to leave negative points for someone. Isn't that rude? Or do we do it when they are rude to let them know it wasn't appreciated.

And now that I know I won't run out of rep to give I can go rep away! I guess I was treating them like rare diamonds- I didn't give them unless it was a HUGE awakening thing that was said. Now I can have fun with them.

Oh my gosh, Shannon! I am a glorious beacon of light! And I repped you too recently so I can't again.

Yes, Rose, your rep is well earned!!:D

Anyone know how the light green square is different from a dark green one? (Oh, is it light green when it is new and dark green when it is "full"?

I usually hold out for when someone is unusually helpful and original. Not just likeable or funny, or saying the same thing as everyone else.

I hate it when I see a thread with a bunch of "thank you" replies. That person should get rep, not replies!