Menu

Handwriting without tears

LLMom

I think you should be OK to proceed. HWOT has a book (I think it's called Kickstart Cursive) It starts from the beginning in the strokes you need to form your letters. You might want to spring for the specially lined HWOT paper for her.

I think you should be OK to proceed. HWOT has a book (I think it's called Kickstart Cursive) It starts from the beginning in the strokes you need to form your letters. You might want to spring for the specially lined HWOT paper for her.

This is what I would recommend as well. My son is in 6th and he still uses the oldest HWOT paper. Just less headaches for me when reading. Sit with her while she is doing it. My dd reverses a lot. She is still only 6, but someone told me to always sit next to her when writing and correct right away so she doesn't train her brain to write it backwards. We also have the printing poster for her to look at. Even though it is not cursive, it is right in front of where she works so she can look up at anytime and see the letter (and number) the correct way.