Menu

What are you currently reading?

blondeviolin

My personal reading right now is Rwanda's Rebirth and the Man Who Dreamed it by Kinzer. It's about Paul Kagame's rise to power and how he dramatically improved present day Rwanda. It's one of the books I'm reading that fit into the category "people who have solved or improved big problems." Any other suggestions are welcome.  I started a thread about that a couple of days ago.

Ooooh this looks good.  I'll have to see if my library has it.

I am reading Gone With the Wind (surprisingly really enjoying it), Little House in the Ozarks (lots to jot down in my newly begun commonplace book), 360 Degrees Longitude: One Family's Journey Around the World (love the wit and humor), and Anne's House of Dreams. The latter two are my read-alouds with my girls (yep, my nearly grown girls still love our read-aloud time).

Also reading the Bible with a chronological year plan and skimming through The Complete Tightwad Gazette.

I'm almost halfway through Les Miserables. I'm reading it with a Goodreads group and the schedule has us reading slowly. We'll finish at the end of May.

Other current reads (I always read several books concurrently):

Americanah, Chimamanda Adichie

Believing Bullsh!t: How Not to Get Sucked into an Intellectual Black Hole, Stephen Law

Starting soon:

The Brutal Telling, Louise Penny

Audio book:

Telex from Cuba, Rachel Kushner