Menu

Well, that's disappointing!

One item I was hoping to preview at the convention this weekend isn't even going to be ready until next month. This is probably the only convention I'll get to this year, so I'll have to decide based on samples from online. The booth workers won't even be able to answer questions about it because it's not out of production.  It's IEW's new ancient history theme book. Oh, well! 

Not yet because it's still in production. I'm hopeful the samples provided after it's done will suffice. I've used a theme book this year which was levels A & B as well, so I don't want a complete repeat. Ds is studying ancient history next year, so it might be fun anyway, though. I'd just rather look through it. 

I remember when their phonics/reading program was coming out. I wanted so badly to see it at convention but it wasn't finished in terms of printing. However the person at the booth had a copy in a three ring binder just to be able to show people what it looked like. It's possible they could do this with their newer things that haven't been released yet. There's also a good possibility that the update doesn't have too many changes and looking at the older version will still give you an idea. (If I remember correctly - didn't they already have ancient history and they've just revised it?) I'd call or write the company and see what info/samples they can give you. They're generally really obliging. :)

I just saw that in my email!  I went to the booth today at the SC convention, but they didn't even know this was on there. It looks like it won't be much different than what ds has done this. The more I've thought about it, I might like it being such. He could use more time to solidify the techniques the book introduced this year.