Menu

Conference Meals

Well some hotels have food policies, and, although sometimes they're lax on them and turn a blind eye to you walking in with your cooler, I'm just not sure they're gonna be cool with you plugging in a crockpot, kwim?  It's easier just to cook up some chicken breasts, slice them into a bag, have a mixed salad in a bag, and have the whole thing ready to go as your dinner.  Or take cans of soup.

If Chipotle is near your convention, it's the greatest deal on the planet.  So if you do that and take breakfast, your food costs stay pretty low, leaving you money to be tempted by the warm cinnamon pecans some vendor will invariably be selling, wafting their spicy warmth as you walk by...

Well some hotels have food policies, and, although sometimes they're lax on them and turn a blind eye to you walking in with your cooler, I'm just not sure they're gonna be cool with you plugging in a crockpot, kwim?  It's easier just to cook up some chicken breasts, slice them into a bag, have a mixed salad in a bag, and have the whole thing ready to go as your dinner.  Or take cans of soup.

If Chipotle is near your convention, it's the greatest deal on the planet.  So if you do that and take breakfast, your food costs stay pretty low, leaving you money to be tempted by the warm cinnamon pecans some vendor will invariably be selling, wafting their spicy warmth as you walk by...

Is there a Chipotle near the cincy convention?

I travel a decent amount for work. I generally plan on eating one meal a day out and then pack lots of trail mix and jerky to make up for breakfast and lunch. If you can find a hotel room with a fridge, you can choose a restaurant for dinner that serves very generous portions and then take it back to the hotel to eat for breakfast.

Is there a Chipotle near the cincy convention?

Yup!  You can even order ahead online and use the pick-up window.  It's down at Fountain Square, a 5-10 minute walk.  It's very pretty with the fountain and whatnot.  In the hall you'll have Montgomery Inn selling bbq sandwiches that are insanely good and leave you dripping and wishing for more, yum...  So excited.  You're on the FB get together group for the convention, right?  Can't remember.  If you're not, pm me and we'll get you connected.  :)

Btw, you can google for a map of downtown Cincy restaurants.  That way you can scope out prices, menus, and make your plans.  There's a crepe restaurant there I always tell myself we ought to hit and never do. 

I like to find a hotel that offers a free breakfast. Depending on the hotel, the small extra cost for the room is made up for being able to eat a large breakfast, very conveniently. With a large breakfast, I can eat lighter the other meals. At one conference, the place even had free evening meals (Staybridge??) If there's a refrigerator in your room as well, you could have sandwich and salad fixings stored there for lunch, with dried fruit and granola bars to fill in the cracks through the day. A refillable water bottle is also good. Agree with a previous poster that a large supper can give you a good-sized doggy bag to take back for another meal. Conferences and traveling tend to throw my digestion off anyway, so I usually have a much lighter appetite than normal.

Erica in OR