Menu

What does *just* an asterisk mean on Facebook?

Ecclecticmum

Because its starting to drive me insane.

Like this:

Kerry Anderson > House of Ideas

I worked with the fabric last night, it was amazing!!!

29 People Like this

View 24 more comments

Alison Novel *

24 minutes ago

Jean Anderson Did you try the fabric?

25 minutes ago

Jorge Frederick *

26 Minutes ago

Ben Sanchez *

26 Minutes ago

Lily Warrer *

27 Minutes ago

And so on, what does the asterisk denote? There's liking which puts it in your feed, so theres no reason to add a comment of starring to like something or add it to your newsfeed. I have to scroll through a heap of these to find actual comments, its rather annoying. It looks like a lazy way of agreeing or something.

Please tell me what it means before I go coo-coo!

Thanks!

It is a way to follow the conversation and get notifications when someone else answers it. Just liking it won't do that. You can follow a post from a pc but not on mobile so people reading in their phone will do it. I know its annoying. Doesn't stop me from doing it though :(

Thank you!

Understandable, if still annoying.

I had been trying to google everywhere and nothing about it was coming up. It was like a weird secret handshake everybody was doing :p

If I didn't get humougously annoyed over fb on phones, I would probably use my phone too. Unfortunately, I have never figured out how to view posts others have made on a page, it only shows the owners posts, so I gave up.

If I didn't get humougously annoyed over fb on phones, I would probably use my phone too. Unfortunately, I have never figured out how to view posts others have made on a page, it only shows the owners posts, so I gave up.

I think you have to load a FB app - just logging into your account via the browser gives a mixed up or incomplete view.  But I don't use FB on my phone; that's just what I've been told.

The above isn't the case on my phone.  I don't use an app for FB, just go to the website and log in.  I can see everything although it's more compact and arranged a big differently.  I have a Nokia phone with Windows.