Menu

Art Videos?

PIE!

My 9 year old loves to draw and paint. I've never developed those talents, so I'm not much help to her. We've tried a few books like Drawing with Children, or Artistic Persuits, but we didn't get very far and she didn't really enjoy them. What she loved was her art teacher at our old co-op (different state). It was not a cutesy craft class, but a real art class. She learned so many great techniques that she incorporated into her own work at home.

So what are my at-home options for something like an art teacher? DVDs? Youtube videos? Is Atelier worth the money? How Great Thou Art? (I prefer secular, but am willing to let it slide for a really good art program). I'm almost ready to just put her in front of a Bob Ross video with some paint. She'd probably really like that actually.

I alternate between both Creating a Masterpiece and Home Art Studio DVD's because one is artsy and the other crafty...a good blend.

Oohhh. I had not heard of that one! Now I am off to check it out.

Get both!