Menu

s/o Georgia accredited homeschools... Umbrella schools in Georgia (central GA, preferably)

ereks mom

If I go this route, these are my non-negotiables:

1)  Fees must be reasonable.

2)  I plan my own curriculum, set my own schedule/calendar, and choose my own textbooks. 

In other words, I want minimal involvement (interference, LOL :laugh:) with the school.  I am willing to have them approve my curriculum, and I would submit grades so they can issue report cards and diplomas, but I don't want to have to follow their curriculum or turn in portfolios or meet with a consultant, etc.  I've been homeschooling in Georgia for 18 years, and I've already graduated two and sent them to college, so I know what I'm doing.  :p

Can you recommend any umbrella schools that might meet my needs?

I think Compass Prep, www.compassprep.org  has an independent study program that allows you to do your own curric. and will accredit.  Not for sure, only came across it when researching options, so haven't delved that far into their program.

It's in Woodstock, GA.

eta to also add: from their website "We also offer a stand-alone Transcript Accreditation Service for students not enrolled full-time at Compass Prep, which will make your student's admission into college and scholarship programs smoother. "  Which would give your child a Georgia high school transcript.

ETA: I apologize, some how I missed you wanted central Ga!