Menu

Project-Based Engineering for Kids - Cool FREE plans!!

Someone asked about project-based science the other day. I can't seem to find that post. Just came across this site and thought I would share.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Project-Based-Engineering-for-Kids/

The wheels I've discovered are from Kelvin, but you might be able to use bottle caps.

http://www.kelvin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=LRPPWH

Not to sound dumb, but how do you drill holes in poker chips without the chip shattering?

Maybe tape them before drilling - I know that can sometimes stop things shattering, not sure about poker chips though.

• 3 weeks later...

We used to use the inserts from the orange sherbet pushup pops we got in the school cafeteria---a round plastic plunger with a separate plastic stick inserted. The downside is that you had to eat one pop per wheel (stick a plunger top on each end of the plastic stick to serve as axle with two wheels). ;) 

Check out www.teachengineering.org.

Oh, that sounds perfect!! Might have to buy DD some push-ups.

We used to use the inserts from the orange sherbet pushup pops we got in the school cafeteria---a round plastic plunger with a separate plastic stick inserted. The downside is that you had to eat one pop per wheel (stick a plunger top on each end of the plastic stick to serve as axle with two wheels). ;)

Check out www.teachengineering.org.