Menu

Which TV show are you inexplicably drawn to?

Heather in Neverland

ok my dd, sil and niece and I all watch The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.  Sil and I have been with our dh's forever and niece has been married for 15 years, all of us happy and dd has a long time steady guy but we still love watching these shows.  We pick our favorites and discuss the shows.  We all just watched the Sean and Catherine wedding.  All the men in our family really tease us.

I have no clue about real estate but I like him. He is so nice, and yes so easy on the eyes! I got an email the other day that said, "Scott McGillivray is following you on Pinterest?" I couldn't believe it and I don't care why! It just made my day! :w00t:

http://www.pinterest.com/scottmcg/

Thanks for the link. I can stalk,  er, follow him now.

I started with all the Law and Orders- moved on to NCIS (I now have a crush on Mark Harmon) But now that we've moved and see the filming all the time- Chicago PD is my new fave. 

In my life before homeschooling I was a Police/Fire dispatcher so I was already inclined to like the genre. 

I watched a bunch of the Law & Orders from the UK. They're awesome because they redid all the best of the original series with their own twist. 

I love Munch too. I watched Homicide because of him.

I started watching Without a Trace (I absolutely *love* Marianne Jean-Baptiste, in general and in that show, but hate all the Samantha Spade love stuff) and then almost every single one I saw, I had already seen, so I wondered why I was doing that. But I like it.

I used to be this way with The Bachelor, but, thank God, I am past that! Yuck.

Me too! My sister makes fun of me because I compare everything in life to a LHOTP episode. I'm always saying "It's like the one where...." hahaha

Gilmore Girls is my go-to reference! The characters talk so much/fast that they cram in alot of funny quotable references or memorable situations! I enjoy (and own) LHOTP, but Gilmore Girl, Law and Order (original series ONLY), and ER are what I watch repeatedly.

For some unknown reason I cannot stop watching "Alaska: The Last Frontier." I'm slightly obsessed with it.

I hate anything related to cold weather and therefore would never live in Alaska.

I know nothing about homesteading. I don't even have house plants.

There is no way I could ever shoot or gut any animal. I just don't have the stomach for it.

I could not live without running water or with an outhouse.

And yet I love this show. I watch with rapt attention and daydream about how awesome it would be to be so self-sufficient and tough. I could never do it but I like thinking that I could. :)

So how about you? What TV show are you inexplicably drawn to?

I love this one, too.  Did you know that Jewel (the singer) is Atz Kilcher's daughter?  The two of them sing the show's opening song.  For some reason that made the show even more interesting to me.  lol.

Most of my shows make sense except Project Runway.

I don't really sew, wear makeup or accessories, and if you looked into my closet you'd find most of my shirts are from the men's department (just easier at my height and shoulder size). Is my unconscious trying to tell me something? I tell dh it's the creativity and the work ethic. In real life I don't care a thing for fashion. Weird. 

This is exactly me. Except the men's shirts because of being tall part. :) 

Hi, heather......just before you all came to D.C., I was on a Frazier binge.

In the past, I would never miss Dawson's Creek (13 years ago?),

that hair salon show where the blonde would shut the shop down and fire people and then re-open the new and improved shop,

House Hunters International,

Judge Judy,

Brothers and Sisters (with Sally Field).......the re-runs would air on SoapNet at midnight Saturday and play through 7a.m.........SoapNet went off the air and there is no more Saturday night binge,

Gilmore Girls.

Hope you are all well. Twins are doing adopt a country projects and Michael is doing Malaysia. He has his soccer shirt, the pens and the purses sitting in a box for his presentation......which is not until May. And he gas been reading your blog and enjoying the photos. Malaysia is gorgeous.

Hugs to you all.

G-d bless.

The Duggars.  I don't have cable and I saw they were on Netflix so I figured I'd check them out.  I think I watched every episode from every season in about a month's time!  I don't know why I'm so drawn to the show, but I am.  I'm not religious, I don't have nor want a large family, I couldn't live like they do, yet I love watching them!

Another one is Cake Boss.  I'm not a dessert fan, I don't bake, I don't have the patience for decorating cakes, yet I love the show.

Prior to getting rid of cable I loved any true story crime shows.  My DH hated that I watched them because I was scared to leave the house, but I couldn't not watch them!  :)

I'm not into the Olympics, so haven't done much normal TV watching the last couple of weeks.

Dh and I had just finished watching all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad straight through - we watched 1 or 2 episodes a night. Amazing show!

I spent the last week watching all 3 seasons of United States of Tara. LOVED it! John Corbett and Toni Collette.

Today I watched the first episode of House of Cards. I can see that it's another one I'm going to love.

Normal TV shows that I love and watch are Walking Dead, Scandal, Bates Motel, and now I'm drawing a blank as to what else I like to watch. I wish they didn't have such loooooong breaks between episodes. I also really enjoyed watching Hostages. Did anyone else watch that?

Hi, heather......just before you all came to D.C., I was on a Frazier binge.

In the past, I would never miss Dawson's Creek (13 years ago?),

that hair salon show where the blonde would shut the shop down and fire people and then re-open the new and improved shop,

House Hunters International,

Judge Judy,

Brothers and Sisters (with Sally Field).......the re-runs would air on SoapNet at midnight Saturday and play through 7a.m.........SoapNet went off the air and there is no more Saturday night binge,

Gilmore Girls.

Hope you are all well. Twins are doing adopt a country projects and Michael is doing Malaysia. He has his soccer shirt, the pens and the purses sitting in a box for his presentation......which is not until May. And he gas been reading your blog and enjoying the photos. Malaysia is gorgeous.

Hugs to you all.

G-d bless.

We miss you all too! We had SUCH a fun time that summer!!! I have loads more pics on FB page if Michael needs more for his project. I am happy to send him more items, too.

We miss you all too! We had SUCH a fun time that summer!!! I have loads more pics on FB page if Michael needs more for his project. I am happy to send him more items, too.

I didn't know you are on fb. I will send you a friend request.......when you see my first name you will know it is me......I use my maiden name on fb. We would all love to see more pix. The beaches we have seen on line make me want to come visit. Gorgeous!

Michael would probably want you to send a monkey!!! 🵠or three! So he would have props when he tells about the monkey gates on your apartment windows!

You are so sweet to offer to send stuff.........the fact that he knows a family living in Malaysia, that family visited and stayed with us barely two years ago, well.......he is going to do just fine.

We miss you all............hugs to all of you! I cannot believe how big Natalie is!

For some unknown reason I cannot stop watching "Alaska: The Last Frontier." I'm slightly obsessed with it.

I hate anything related to cold weather and therefore would never live in Alaska.

I know nothing about homesteading. I don't even have house plants.

There is no way I could ever shoot or gut any animal. I just don't have the stomach for it.

I could not live without running water or with an outhouse.

And yet I love this show. I watch with rapt attention and daydream about how awesome it would be to be so self-sufficient and tough. I could never do it but I like thinking that I could. :)

So how about you? What TV show are you inexplicably drawn to?

I think I have seen this one but nothing comes close to "Deadliest Catch." I could not care less if they catch something or not, I just love to see the Bering Sea!

I loved Alaska: The Last Frontier too! I do fantasize about homesteading. I was super into the show until I learned that they live just out of town and it's not quite as dire to hunt food as they say it is on the show.

I'll admit to Pretty Little Liars as well, I totally have a mini-crush on Ezra because he reminds me of my husband (cute, nerdy English teacher, not creep-o sleeping with a student and killing people... LOL).

Vampire Diaries

I try to wean myself off of it, but then I'll binge watch like 4 episodes in a row. My dh is like, "Why do you watch this show? The acting and story line are so bad!"

And he's right. But. I. Just. Can't. Stop.

That is my go-to insomnia show!

Being Human,(UK version of course), Arrow, Hart of Dixie, and Don't Trust The B---- In Apt. 23 are also on the list of shows I cannot explain why I watch.

Of course some of my insomnia binges have introduced me to Dr. Who, Battlestar Galaxia, Leverage, and White Collar....

Crime show junkie here :D

NCIS,  NCIS LA,  -- love these and can watch all reruns over and over  :thumbup1:

CSI,  Criminal Minds -- like these but don't care to watch reruns ;)

Elementary, Hawaii 5-O,  Blue Bloods, Person of Interest, Rizzoli & Isles, Longmire -- can watch reruns :001_smile:

Another favorite is Top Gear US version :driving:

Storage Wars.  It is so fake and yet I can't stop watching it!

I used to love watching this when we had cable. Then we cut cable. I didn't actually miss it but when we rented a vacation cabin that had cable, guess what we all were watching? :tongue_smilie:

I can't believe I'm alone on The People's Court.

you're not! I loved having it on in the background while I was cleaning downstairs until my oldest was old enough to tell dh that I watched it  :glare:  Then I decided I didn't want any of my family members knowing about my guilty pleasures

I find The Walking Dead and the mini series The Stand to be comforting and I watch them while sick. Why???

I had The Stand on as background noise while painting my downstairs a few years ago. Last year I was at Goodwill and found a DVD of it for $3 and nearly pissed my pants!  I was so sick of watching our VHS copy of it.

I'm not into the Olympics, so haven't done much normal TV watching the last couple of weeks.

Dh and I had just finished watching all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad straight through - we watched 1 or 2 episodes a night. Amazing show!

I spent the last week watching all 3 seasons of United States of Tara. LOVED it! John Corbett and Toni Collette.

Today I watched the first episode of House of Cards. I can see that it's another one I'm going to love.

Normal TV shows that I love and watch are Walking Dead, Scandal, Bates Motel, and now I'm drawing a blank as to what else I like to watch. I wish they didn't have such loooooong breaks between episodes. I also really enjoyed watching Hostages. Did anyone else watch that?

DH and I just finished season 2 of House of Cards and it is fantastic!! It is a favorite show of ours and I can't wait till the next season

Ghost Hunters. Really. I can't possibly think of one single reason. I don't believe in ghosts and I can almost always think of alternatives to what they think has happened could have happened but I'm still fascinated. Completely. Who knows?! LOL

American Pickers. I'm fascinated by the variety of people they meet. I'm afraid Mike might be a bit of a jerk in real life and Frank is just adorable and Danni is someone I'd love to meet. :)

Warehouse 13, Almost Human (UK version), Vampire Diaries (a season or two behind though), Once Upon A Time, Doctor Who, Eureka...I'm so bizarre in what I watch. It doesn't match who I am at all. LOL