Menu

Which TV show are you inexplicably drawn to?

Heather in Neverland

For some unknown reason I cannot stop watching "Alaska: The Last Frontier." I'm slightly obsessed with it.

I hate anything related to cold weather and therefore would never live in Alaska.

I know nothing about homesteading. I don't even have house plants.

There is no way I could ever shoot or gut any animal. I just don't have the stomach for it.

I could not live without running water or with an outhouse.

And yet I love this show. I watch with rapt attention and daydream about how awesome it would be to be so self-sufficient and tough. I could never do it but I like thinking that I could. :)

So how about you? What TV show are you inexplicably drawn to?

"River Monsters": the creatures totally freak me out, and not in a fascinating way. I can't stop watching it. I don't know if it's the way the presenter builds it all up, or the stories/legends that the locals tell, but I sit there glued to the screen, freaking out, and wanting everyone in the house to watch with me (ok, not the little one, she's in bed) No one is interested. I worry myself, sometimes....

I loved watching the Alaska show, too--we only have Netflix. I liked it more before I knew they live 11 miles from a Walmart, but now that I know they are living by choice that way, and not just by necessity I actually admire them even more. But I think it's a fantasy for me!

I'm drawn to Hannibal, but I won't watch it--I do ask ds what happens, or read it on wiki.

(And I know the dad of the guy who plays the teacher guy on PLL! They have a watch party at their house every Tues. Ian is really nice irl!)

All your favorite characters are gone?  I am only on about season 4.....

I am a crime show junkie and watch all the CSI shows, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five O, Criminal Minds, those sorts of shows.  My son gives me a hard time......."Mom, ever episode is the same.  Someone dies, they solve it, the person goes to jail.  The END.  Why do you like this stuff?"

Can't explain it, just do.

Dawn

Law & Order and Law & Order SVU. I can watch the repeats 100x and still want to watch them again and again.

I am starting to get bored with the new SVU since all of my favorite characters are gone.

The Law & Order thing is hysterical. If you start at season one you'll see Lenny Briscoe as a lawyer, and VanBuren as a grieving mother. The show is so fun to watch and see all the big actors on it as criminals before they were big. Love it!!

I LOVE Briscoe and Green!!! My favorite team!

All your favorite characters are gone? I am only on about season 4.....

I am a crime show junkie and watch all the CSI shows, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five O, Criminal Minds, those sorts of shows. My son gives me a hard time......."Mom, ever episode is the same. Someone dies, they solve it, the person goes to jail. The END. Why do you like this stuff?"

Dawn

Crime show junkie here too! The Mentalist, NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii Five-0, Rizzoli and Isles, Blue Bloods. :)

What Not to Wear.

Though I guess there is a reason-I'm not so fashionable. The show hasn't changed that about me yet either. I love when they have the person wear all of their clothes and they talk about how bad they are-in front of her. Yes, there is something wrong with me.

I love crime dramas. I love NCIS, but it's on at a bad time for me. Used to watch NCIS:LA, but that got stupid. Loved CSI. However, now the best I can do is whatever is on Amazon Prime. I am quite hooked on The Good Wife, although there are some elements on that show that I really don't like.

Most of my shows make sense except Project Runway.

I don't really sew, wear makeup or accessories, and if you looked into my closet you'd find most of my shirts are from the men's department (just easier at my height and shoulder size). Is my unconscious trying to tell me something? I tell dh it's the creativity and the work ethic. In real life I don't care a thing for fashion. Weird. 

Most of my shows make sense except Project Runway.

I don't really sew, wear makeup or accessories, and if you looked into my closet you'd find most of my shirts are from the men's department (just easier at my height and shoulder size). Is my unconscious trying to tell me something? I tell dh it's the creativity and the work ethic. In real life I don't care a thing for fashion. Weird. 

I'm surprised someone else said this. I can't explain why I watch this show.

For me:

-"Fashion forward" is the last thing anyone who knows me would use to describe me.

-I hate reality shows.

I do sew so that's the only part I can relate to. but I use patterns and make everyday clothes.

I'm another one who's hooked on crime shows and British crime shows, but that's not really inexplicable in my case. I've always loved detective mysteries.

We only have an antenna, no cable, but I did splurge and buy an HD Tivo off of ebay for around $250 with a lifetime subscription.

I LOVE it!  In fact, Dh loved it so much that I got him another one for a different TV so he didn't hog the TV with car shows all the time!  

Both work very well and have stopped my desire to sign up for cable again.

Dawn

I love crime dramas. I love NCIS, but it's on at a bad time for me. Used to watch NCIS:LA, but that got stupid. Loved CSI. However, now the best I can do is whatever is on Amazon Prime. I am quite hooked on The Good Wife, although there are some elements on that show that I really don't like.

I like HGTV's House Hunters and Income Property. Mostly I watch Income Property for Scott McGillivray and get this, he started following ME on Pinterest last week. Me? He is just the bees knees. :D

Okay, I also love Drop Dead Diva and the Little Couple. I can't get enough of little Will. :)

I watch Dance Moms each week but I can't stand Abby,  she drives me crazy  :banghead:  but I adore the kids (especially Nia) and they are awesome dancers. :thumbup:

I like HGTV's House Hunters and Income Property. Mostly I watch Income Property for Scott McGillivray and get this, he started following ME on Pinterest last week. Me? He is just the bees knees. :D

Okay, I also love Drop Dead Diva and the Little Couple. I can't get enough of little Will. :)

I watch Dance Moms each week but I can't stand Abby,  she drives me crazy  :banghead:  but I adore the kids (especially Nia) and they are awesome dancers. :thumbup:

Scott McGillivray is on Pinterest???? I must seek and find. I LOVE Income Property because Scott is so friendly and easy going. Easy on the eyes, too. Plus his advice and way of doing business seems so solid. He knows his stuff.

Sigh...yep, I have a real estate related crush on Scott. Now if we could only find a photo of him in a kilt AND a toolbelt. :)

Hoarders. I usually end up scrubbing my baseboards after an episode or two.

Same here. I like only the first 20 minutes or so (when we get to see just how awful everything is); once they get to the part when the homeowner either gets nasty or starts to cry, I lose interest. Once the organizer turns up on the show, I'm usually cleaning something in my own house.

And I'll confess to having seen more episodes of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding than is good for anyone.

Yard Crashers. I love to watch and fantasize that Ahmed will show up in my little podunk local hardware store looking for a huge rural project just for a new challenge. Then he'll come to my house and put in a beautiful outdoor living area with a patio and a built in smoker and grill. And a water feature. 'Cause that's gonna happen. :lol:

HA!  I am the opposite!  I start looking around and think, "Wow, my house is spotless!"  (it isn't, but in comparison to dead cats and rodents and feces, it is!

But honestly, I can't watch that show too often.  It is very difficult.  Those people have a severe mental illness and it is usually precipitated by a trigger event, the loss of a loved one being the biggest one.

One episode really stuck with me and haunted me.  It was the episode where the family had lost their young son and had hoarded for 19 years after that event.  The husband had a mistress whom the wife knew about AND the mistress came to help clean out their house.  It was horrible.

Dawn

Hoarders. I usually end up scrubbing my baseboards after an episode or two.

Hoarders for me, too. Sick, I know. It's motivational. I'm a minimalist in progress. Makes me want to jump up, grab a trash bag and start throwing stuff away. I can't get rid of things fast enough. I'm even tempted to pitch my ebay pile because I don't have time to list items as quickly as I want to get them out of my home. I have lots of hoarders in my family, and somehow I've gone in the direct opposite direction (thankfully). I guess my fascination isn't inexplicable, though.

I'm inexplicably obsessed with that Kardashian family and I like to watch the show. I have absolutely no idea why.

You know, I don't watch their show, but I have to admit a morbid fascination myself. I read everything I can about them when I'm In the doctor's office, and sometimes even look them up on line when I am bored. It's like .... they are so bizarre.... it's hard to believe people are even like that.

Scott McGillivray is on Pinterest???? I must seek and find. I LOVE Income Property because Scott is so friendly and easy going. Easy on the eyes, too. Plus his advice and way of doing business seems so solid. He knows his stuff.

Sigh...yep, I have a real estate related crush on Scott. Now if we could only find a photo of him in a kilt AND a toolbelt. :)

I have no clue about real estate but I like him. He is so nice, and yes so easy on the eyes! I got an email the other day that said, "Scott McGillivray is following you on Pinterest?" I couldn't believe it and I don't care why! It just made my day! :w00t:

http://www.pinterest.com/scottmcg/

HA! I am the opposite! I start looking around and think, "Wow, my house is spotless!" (it isn't, but in comparison to dead cats and rodents and feces, it is!

But honestly, I can't watch that show too often. It is very difficult. Those people have a severe mental illness and it is usually precipitated by a trigger event, the loss of a loved one being the biggest one.

One episode really stuck with me and haunted me. It was the episode where the family had lost their young son and had hoarded for 19 years after that event. The husband had a mistress whom the wife knew about AND the mistress came to help clean out their house. It was horrible.

Dawn

I just watched that episode the other night, and couldn't finish it, because it bothered me so. Ugh. Very horrible indeed.

All your favorite characters are gone?  I am only on about season 4.....

I am a crime show junkie and watch all the CSI shows, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five O, Criminal Minds, those sorts of shows.  My son gives me a hard time......."Mom, ever episode is the same.  Someone dies, they solve it, the person goes to jail.  The END.  Why do you like this stuff?"

Dawn

These are all shows that have my husband obsessed. I watch real crime shows like First 48. I have to leave the room when DH is watching the fake crime shows because I sit and watch, and they do things that don't make sense. When I pointed out that real detectives or a real medical examiner would never scrape the fingernails for evidence on a dead suspect while still laying on the sidewalk, he just about threw me out of the room lol.

You know, I don't watch their show, but I have to admit a morbid fascination myself. I read everything I can about them when I'm In the doctor's office, and sometimes even look them up on line when I am bored. It's like .... they are so bizarre.... it's hard to believe people are even like that.

Except I don't even think they're bizarre.  I think that's why I'm so fascinated by them.  They have more money and live a lifestyle that is completely foreign to me, but other than that they still all work and have family issues and drama and happiness and sadness like everyone else.  Not that I'd be friends with most of them (although I do think I could hang out with Khloe!), but....I don't know....I can't get enough.  Very bizarre.  I can't believe I outed myself, but I'm glad you joined me!

I started with all the Law and Orders- moved on to NCIS (I now have a crush on Mark Harmon) But now that we've moved and see the filming all the time- Chicago PD is my new fave.

In my life before homeschooling I was a Police/Fire dispatcher so I was already inclined to like the genre.

My husband looks like Dinozzo on NCIS so I've been watching that show lately.

Pawn Stars and American Restoration

No real clue why I like these shows.  I guess it is interesting to see the weird old junk that people get all excited about.

I used to like Pawn Stars but haven't watched it since we cut off Directv a few years ago. I can get it other ways, but I don't seek it out. Still, when it was easily there, I found it fun to watch. Kind of like Antiques Roadshow only not so boring. I also liked American Pickers. Is that still on?