Menu

Curricula to combine kids

MathGirl

I'm looking for suggestions for a curriculum to combine my two middle children, who will be in 1st grade and Kindergarten next year. The subjects I want to combine them in are: history/social studies, geography, Bible, literature, and possibly science. I like all inclusive curriculums (as long as they meet my needs) and my style is a mix of Charlotte Mason and Classical.

I have a K and 2nd grader, they are combined in history using SOTW1 and science using R.E.A.L science odyssey (life).
We don't do "literature" as a subject however they listen to the same read alouds and when we do additional activities based on these books they do them together too.

I recommend Memoria Press Curriculum. If they're both reading CVC words go with the first grade materials. If not quite yet go with the Kindergarten. It has enough to challenge a 6/7 year old but is still good learning capable of a 4/5 year old. You could do the first grade curriculum and add back in the First Start Reading program. Then of course you could do what you wish for math. The subjects you mentioned are all covered.

I could talk about them all day. So feel free to ask questions. MP is absolutely Classical with CM ideas woven in.

A 1st grader and a Kinder can work in RSO Life together. I think Pandia Press History Odyssey/SOTW would be doable as well. 

Geography can be as simple as a map and a globe and maybe some Montessori continent boxes.

Literature could be a simple as listening to the same read alouds or using something like FIAR.