Menu

What fun thing did you do this week?

In our home, if I hollar it is DEAR time, it means Drop Everything And Read.

I declared a "D.E.A.R." time in the middle of math class, but instead of going off to read, I said Recess.  They both stared at each other for a moment in shock and my son said, "I'm getting out of here before she changes her mind!"  They went and had a blast out in the snow.

I knew from reading the weather report that it was the warmest it was going to be that day and there was no wind.  So, it was safe for kids to be outside.  But they don't need to know that! :)

What fun thing did you do this week?

We are on break this week. Today, we went with running around with my parents. We used to go quite often, at least once a month, but my dad has been having issues from a small stroke last year. He felt better today, so it was nice, ds adores my parents. My dad also drove us around the downtown (nearby town) and passed the area he'd lived in as a kid. We've done this "sightseeing" tour a million times. It felt good to do it again today, as there have been a few days in the last few year we thought he wouldn't live long. It also was 50 degrees and it's been so cold. 

We went to the zoo in an (unsuccessful) attempt to see the new baby panda!  We did see some other fun animals, though, and we're going to start watching the panda cam to see if we can find a pattern.  Then we'll try to go at a time when she is awake and active.  I'm hoping it's first thing in the morning, when the zoo is also the least busy!  

Dh and I took a helicopter tour of some waterfalls in Hawaii.  :0)

DD15 is enjoying the last of a week with no parents and no little sister in the house.  She has unlimited time at her boyfriends house as long as she is home by 9pm.  She is in heaven with a house full of quick fix foods that I rarely buy. And ZERO stress from little sister which is the highlight of her week.  (FYI: Adult brother is there with her)

DS19 has an easy week of classes so he is happy.

DD7 is staying with her grandma who has over 20 alpacas.  She is elated to be out and about doing something different.

I took my people to a state park yesterday, expecting to do a mini-hike and just spend some time outside.  We all five wound up wading in the river, collecting shells!  It was a sweet sweet time, I'm going to hold on to it for a long time.  Just fun.  That's it.

I went to my new book group tonight where we discussed Abraham Verghese's Cutting for Stone .  It was a fun evening.

Regards,

Kareni

I loved that book.

Monday, I took dd to hang out with some guys we know in a recording studio and play around with her music with them...everyone being creative and adding this and that. Then we went to an Irish session so she could play Irish music with some of her friends.