Menu

Talk to me about Rainbow science...

twinmami01

I am looking ahead for the upcoming school year-7th grade. They will be 13 this March and we have been dealing with some learning challenges. I had originally planned on Apologia's General Science for 8th, but then was wondering if we should start in 7th and spread it over 2 years.

We have done 3 of the apologia elementary books and 2 years of Sonlight's science. My goal is for them to work independently and feel confident of their ability to learn. I would really like to spend the next two years building a strong foundation for their writing skills (we are using IEW) and focusing on some problem areas in math before they start on high school.

Opinions? Advice? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 😄

Are they interested in science?  I understand shoring up their problem areas, but would science be a strength that would add joy to your 7th grade year?  I would say that if science would add joy, your plan sounds like a good one (although if this is a passion they may blow through General Sci in 1 year).  If science would add stress and another weak area to shore up, then use history/music/art/poetry/literature so that there is something they enjoy and know that they are good at.