Menu

A sad realization....

AlmiraGulch

I just realized that I've likely taken my last full-family vacation for many years.  

DD17 graduates from high school this year and will have a job, and school. We do have a short "girls trip" for just my kids and me in late May, but as I sat here planning next year's cruise I realized we'll probably save some money because the oldest likely won't be able to get time off to go. 

I'm all for her growing up and moving on and having her own life, but for some reason this is the one thing that is bumming me out!    

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I remember the year after I graduated college and the family were all together in another city for Thanksgiving and I couldn't go because of job constraints.  That was a bit difficult.  Thankfully, friends were in the same situation and one had a mom that invited us all over during our work break that evening (we worked 2-11 in Broadcast TV so there was no real "off" for the holiday).  

Best wishes.

We are taking a cruise in the summer with my parents, siblings and the associated children. We are very much looking forward to it. Just because children have grown doesn't mean trips need to stop. They may not happen very often but they can still happen.

Yeah, I know.  It'll just be a while.  When she's off school she'll still need to work.  I think it'll be after she finished college before here's another with all of us, and it's something we look forward to every year.  

This is us, too.  We will have a week with the oldest when we go down for his graduation, then DH and I are taking the other three kids on around to visit Washington DC and family.  That first week in Colorado though will probably be the last family vacation with everyone as oldest is off to the military and flight school.

Sort of sad to think of it though!