Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Not much here, am swim practices then home for an hour and back for water polo (practice/scrimmage). Then trip to the Asian market for goodies for dinner and Olympic viewing!

Since I am gone nearly the entire day, no chores will get done unless done by ds2 this morning or dd1 this afternoon. 

Have a great day!

Dh is off at his Mandarin conversation group. He took dd to ballet on the way. Dd19 is doing her wash and packing to return to campus tomorrow for the spring semester.

I want to

--exercise: treadmill for 60 min

--shower

--pick up dd at 1, feed her, take her to FLL practice at 2 (when she is home from that she needs to work on her English paper)

--read the new Suzanne Brockmann book!!!!!!!

--plan next week: my stuff, school

A Costco run needs to be fit into the day somewhere.

Have a good one, all :)

Good Afternoon...I slept in until 10:30am....it felt so good.  

Jean, thank you for the recipe...can't wait to make it.  I'm thrilled you got a good nights sleep...hope your day will be awesome! 

Today:  

• wash dh uniform, 1 load of white, and dark
  • vacuum first floor and tidy everything up.  
  • Algebra lesson with dh and work on lesson plans for next week
  • cook dinner--chicken fajitas and rice
  • watch a movie and chill with my family 

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

11ish check in:

Human care sort of done - I really should wash my hair but I'm not going to do it until later or maybe tomorrow.

All the thousands of things I have to do for my health done - until lunch when I have more to do.  

Kitchen is sort of clean - I have handwashing to do and should really wipe down the counters but the dishwasher is running.

Dd is at volunteering.

Pet care is done.

I tidied a bunch of papers in the living room.

Ds cleaned his room.  I haven't bothered to check and see if his definition of clean matches mine.

Spent some time printing out a placement test.

Spent some time researching a literature guide and putting a book on hold from the library.

Discovered that my husband is the one who "stole" my car key without telling me about it so that I thought it was lost and was on my knees looking under everything. . .

Took out the kitchen garbage.

Reprogrammed the thermostat that was somehow going up to 75 degrees at 11 pm and other odd things like that.  Found out that dd has been "fixing" the thermostat whenever she feels cold.  

I don't feel well.  I haven't felt well since before Christmas and even that was rather fleeting.  I'm not talking to anyone because I just don't feel like talking to anyone - or really because I'm afraid that if I do talk, that I won't be very nice to anyone.  But because I'm not talking, dh has been following me around saying "Are you ok?"  (I did briefly talk to him to put him out of his misery.)  But now I'm back in my little quiet shell hoping that everyone will just leave me alone for awhile.  

Jean--I'm so sorry you have been sick for so long! I pray you feel better and better each day. 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thinking of me. The last week has been, by far, the hardest of my life. I never, ever could have imagined the deep pain and sorrow that I have felt. My mom means everything to me, so losing her is losing part of me. I know it will get easier, but I feel my life will never be quite the same again. All I can do is take one day at a time. 

Jean and Tammy--I have been eating low-carb, eating 20 or a little less at each meal and a lower carb afternoon snack. I've lost 6 pounds in a week. I made myself eat 4 times a day this past week because I didn't want to feel physically bad on top of the emotional upheaval. My mom told me that we girls should take care of ourselves. She said that even a 30 minute walk a day might have helped her so much. I'm going to try and prevent this (or at least delay it) to honor her.

On to today:

Breakfast

son's basketball game

lunch out with hubby (both kids off with friends for the afternoon)

walk with hubby

tidy house

email book club about our make up meeting this coming week

look back over plan for book club meeting

pick up kids

dinner (being brought by a church member)

make a shopping list    (I'm going to the Decatur World Market on Monday with my tea friends. That day is my birthday, and they canceled Spanish class declaring it to be a national holiday.)

Amy,  I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.   :grouphug:  I do agree with your Mom...she was wise, and we as women, who take care of everyone, must also take care of ourselves.  It's hard to devote time for just us, but we have to.  We can't take good care of our families without taking care of ourselves.   I'm seeing this more and more and preaching it to my girls who are young mothers.    

You did great and losing 6 pounds last week with everything that you had going was a good job!!   I right along with you...I'm going to try to exercise everyday and walking is awesome!

Hang in there! :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Hi Ladies,

It's a relaxing Saturday here. Slept in a little. Had a nice cuppa joe and then made breakfast and took 4 kids with me to Walmart. Somehow it's less chaotic, even with only one less child.

This afternoon:

- clean up kitchen

- work on Children,s Church curriculum

-work on budget stuff

- fold laundry

-watch Olympics (which I may do while I'm folding laundry)

Jean, hope you feel better. Glad you got a good night's sleep last night!

Amy, good to see your post. Take care of yourself during this time of grieving. We're continuing to pray for your family.