Menu

SSSOOOOO - What's the name of your homeschool?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we lived in NC we were required to name our school, I couldn't come up with anything so wrote FB Homeschool.  That would be the first initial of my last name and first initial of DH/kids last name (we're married but I really like my name.)  The school name was BORING.... so I finally came up with Foxbridge Academy.  Our mascot is of course a Fox, I used to have a "logo" posted on here with a fox on a bridge but it disappeared.  Colors..... if I were to choose it would be green and grey. 

Whenever I have to write down a school name for some reason, I write down Rowhouse School or Rowhouse Homeschool.  Because we live in a rowhouse.  So, not that creative, but oh well.

Oh....I am such an idiot. I thought you guys were crazy sailing enthusiasts.

We need to have a name for our state too. We chose White Sands Christian Academy because homeschooling has allowed us to vacation on several different Islands and we love to put our toes in the white sands. Our mascot is a dolphin.

My oldest daughter graduated homeschool last year and I had a professional diploma printed for her. The name of the homeschool looks so nice is big, pretty letters across the top lol.. It also looks good on transcripts and report cards.

Thank you to everyone that's participated. This has been great. We are in Texas so we have no requirements but it certainly helped me in the beginning to take myself seriously. It took me at least a year to realize that I was a teacher.

:blush:

I think it's so awesome that you can homeschool on the road! Just think of the memories you're making. We don't have a school on wheels, but I like to think we're making some memories too! :laugh:

I think it's so awesome that you can homeschool on the road! Just think of the memories you're making. We don't have a school on wheels, but I like to think we're making some memories too! :laugh:

I appreciate that. Funny thing is this. Almost every adult that has read or heard about our lifestyle thinks it's cool and an experience of a lifetime. Kids that Olivia plays with at home, could care less.

I appreciate that. Funny thing is this. Almost every adult that has read or heard about our lifestyle thinks it's cool and an experience of a lifetime. Kids that Olivia plays with at home, could care less.

They will when they're older, I bet. And I bet she will appreciate the things she was able to do and the time she was able to spend with you when she's grown. At least, I hope mine will!

Hey, does your profile name mean that you have an Australian labradoodle?

Hahaha, nah... It's a combination of a couple of nicknames I've used for my kids over the years.

The Elementary Academy. Son 2 named it in K after Sherlock Holmes' famous line. Logo? Each kid has their own self-designed symbol. I was thinking maybe a shield with all 5 on it. No colors or mascot.

The Elementary Academy. Son 2 named it in K after Sherlock Holmes' famous line. Logo? Each kid has their own self-designed symbol. I was thinking maybe a shield with all 5 on it. No colors or mascot.

Or maybe make your mascot something that's invisible, like, say, gravity. Or is that too punny?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Thank you for that laugh, Stripe.  I've literally never been on a sailboat.

Yeah, neither have I. Do you even row on a sailboat? And how come there are blog photos of your kids like hang gliding in Namibia, but not a single shot of them wrestling down the sails on the Potomac? Exactly. 

This is fun.  Ours is Philip Mason Academy.  Although, we never really use it.  I will have to start writing it on forms.

My favorite verse is from Philippians and we live on the Mason Dixon Line.

I will have to ask the kids about a mascot and logo tomorrow.  I am sure a bird of prey will be chosen.  

Our last name is the name of a famous author whose name starts with an H.  So, I use our last name with "House" added to the end.  Only place we have needed it so far is to get the education discount at the the used bookstore.  For high school we'll maybe change it to H~~~~  Academy or something more official sounding.  But, at the moment that seems a little pretentious because she's so young. 

My son wants to name ours Westly Academy. Westly is the name of his imaginary furry blue monster friend. I think a momster might make a good mascot.

There is a company (I lost the link) that will create a stuffed animal to match your kid's drawing.  It was reasonably priced, too.  $20-ish.  The website had photos of some of their favorites that they had created, and they were generally Monster-ish, but cute. 

There is a company (I lost the link) that will create a stuffed animal to match your kid's drawing. It was reasonably priced, too. $20-ish. The website had photos of some of their favorites that they had created, and they were generally Monster-ish, but cute.

I have seen that company! My son has never been much into stuffed animals but he might like this.

Ooh I love the use of Athena the goddess of Wisdom. Athena's Lyceum might be neat.

I love the word Lyceum! I've never really liked "Academy" but "School" didn't sound right either. I may file next year as OakLeaf Lyceum (can't lose the OakLeaf since that was the kids' contribution/idea).

I just asked my kids. They voted for Sandy Pines....Something.

So give me some ideas. School? Academy? Elementary/middle/high school?

My kids are leaning towards boarding school. :p

I don't like the word academy in our school name either, but I was having trouble coming up with something else.

I want to keep the Live Oak part, but I would gladly get rid of the academy for a different title.

I like School of Discovery. :)

But, at the moment that seems a little pretentious because she's so young.

In the kind of person that practiced my signature for a year before I got married. I'm a planner and a creative. I chose to name our school in our first year because it was for me. I wanted to feel like I was part of something bigger than myself. For me, it's made me proud of myself and that I was actually a teacher. So, it was emotional but definetly not pretentious. I know you didn't mean it offensively but I just wanted explain me.

I've even got a logo for my profile name, lifeon18wheels :blush: it was for a blog that I've never had time to write.

This thread is so entertaining :)

How many states actually require you to have a school name? Do some states require logos too? I assume mascots and colors are optional ;)

Fortunately, for me, I have no need to come up with a school name. I am not creative that way. However since our last name is actually a fancy sounding title of aristocracy, "our last name" School or Academy would sound like a real school name.

In the kind of person that practiced my signature for a year before I got married. I'm a planner and a creative. I chose to name our school in our first year because it was for me. I wanted to feel like I was part of something bigger than myself. For me, it's made me proud of myself and that I was actually a teacher. So, it was emotional but definetly not pretentious. I know you didn't mean it offensively but I just wanted explain me.

I've even got a logo for my profile name, lifeon18wheels :blush: it was for a blog that I've never had time to write.

Oh,if I had been picking a Forever name it definitely would have been H~~~~~~ Academy.  I think part of it was that I was overjoyed to get 10%off at the bookstore off anything.  I was nervous about the clerk saying to me, "Who are you kidding?  Velveteen Rabbit for an Academy?"  Although, now that I think of it most of the preschools around me have Academy in their name. 

So, I'm the OP and we did have a logo of an interstate sign with our school name on it. I made a few t-shirts for her last year. We were talking about maskots and that it needed to be something to do with our lifestyle and my husband came up with

Cross Country Christian Academy

ROAD RUNNERS !!!!!!

Can you see it? I love it! We have run over 5700 miles per week for the last 8 weeks. It's been our busiest January ever. Read profile to see what talking about :) Our daughter will have a Million Miles under her belt in May. :yahoo:

Have a great day everyone :) Michelle

Oh,if I had been picking a Forever name it definitely would have been H~~~~~~ Academy.  I think part of it was that I was overjoyed to get 10%off at the bookstore off anything.  I was nervous about the clerk saying to me, "Who are you kidding?  Velveteen Rabbit for an Academy?"  Although, now that I think of it most of the preschools around me have Academy in their name. 

Oh yeah, my dd's preschool was an Academy. And it was definitely a highfalutin place. ;)

The director drove a Jaguar, and I could have never afforded to send kids there if they didn't participate in the state-funded pre-k program. You might get a certain respect for buying such high-quality children's books for your expensive Academy. :D

I asked my hubs what we should name our homeschool and his response was the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too. Apparently we teach that there's more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking ;)

I would love to use Bereans/Berea in our name for the people who received the gospel and studied to test it's truth, but the name is kind of strange... I think of us as Robertson Academy. Maybe Robertson Academy of Classical Studies. We could just use the Scottish coat of arms as our logo and make a knight as our mascot.post-75700-0-98374000-1392455492_thumb.jpg