Menu

SSSOOOOO - What's the name of your homeschool?

And did you create a logo?

Ours in called

Cross Country Christian Academy"

and I've created T-shirts for my my one and only student that use an Interstate sign as our Logo. I'm on my phone so I can't attach the logo. Read my profile to see why.

Have a great day and I'm excited to read what others have done.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first four years, it was "Freedom Learning Center." Then dds confessed to me that they couldn't tell people they went to Freedom Learning Center, so the next year it was Southeast San Diego Christian Academy. :D

Then we moved to San Jose; the first year we were Blossom Valley Christian School (we lived in an area of San Jose called Blossom Valley); then I started a private school satellite programs (PSP)  and named it Plantation Christian School (from Psalm 1:1-3).

Kindy isn't mandatory where I live, but I intend to use the same name next year that I did with my olders, which was (name of my late grandmother) Memorial Elementary until dd hit 7th grade at which point it became (name of my late grandmother) Academy. dd wanted "Academy for Young Ladies" but her little brother always ruined everything. ;)

<surname> Institute of Chaos, decreasing entropy since 2012

We're still newish, the administration is working with the students on a logo :-)

LOL! Us too.

We're called Cair Paravel Classical Academy, after the castle in Narnia. (Plus, I figured it sounded Latin-y enough that anybody who didn't know what it meant would assume we were all high-falutin' and college prep.)

Trying to come up with a castle logo that doesn't look Disneyish turned out to be harder than I anticipated...

Camian Academy which is kind of funny since I got Camian from my older two kids' names (CAMeron and then rearranged the letters in ANI to make the name sound better) and those two kids aren't homeschooled anymore!  We never went further than the name with the older two, but the littles wanted colors (blue and red - blue is Fritz's favorite color, red is Adrian's) and a mascot (a sheep, since that's Fritz's favorite - he's older so he got to pick... would've been a chicken if Adrian picked!) and the 7 year old really, really wanted a pledge since during their semester in public school they did a school pledge every day during morning announcements.  He made it up: I pledge to do better and better every day. I love my mommy, my daddy, my sister, and my brothers.

Our mascot is our logo.  I just googled for line art sheep and he's seriously adorable.

sheep.gif

There are a couple of reasons to name your "school." One is that when people ask your children what school they go to, they can say, "Oh, I go to SuchandSuch School." Sometimes it makes grandparents feel better, lol.

And if you have to provide a report card to get points or rewards for something (doesn't Chuck E. Cheese's do that? Pizza Hut?) having a name on the report card looks better than just Homeschool Report Card.

And some day you may have to do a transcript, or a high school diploma, and a school name instead of "Burbaster Homeschool" also just looks better. :-)

Ok, that's more than a couple of reasons. :-)

And if you name your school, it should be something that your 13yo son can say without blushing, lol.

Mount Parnassus Academy (DD's insistent that she's in the elementary school because all her friends go to something elementary school. In another year, I guess I'll have to start calling it Mount Parnassus Middle School-eek!) . My Mythology loving child named it. Our mascot (and logo) is a hydra. Legally, we homeschool through a CRS, so her transcripts for Chuck E Cheese say "Home Life Academy", but we use it when I order stuff for school and have school shirts (with a DD drawn hydra), a magnet on my minivan, and stuff like that. So far, the only comment has come from whoever packaged her award after last year's National Mythology Exam-it came with a post-it commenting "Love the school name!".

For my DD, the reason we named the school was that, at age 6, when most of her friends were either starting Kindergarten or had just finished kindergarten, she started fussing about wanting to go to a "Real school"-even though she'd been much happier the prior year when homeschooled for 1st grade after going to PS K at 4. In talking to her, what she really wanted was the cute mascot, t-shirt, classroom theme, bumper sticker for the minivan, etc. So, we let her come up with a name, got a stuffed hydra puppet, made t-shirts, and let her decorate the school room. It was enough to make her happy. She still picks a classroom theme and decorates our school room each year. (This year MPA "Slithers (into) Fourth")

When I have to give a name for our school for a educator's discount or somesuch, I write "Last Name Homeschool".  (Except I actually use our last name.  ;) )

I just asked the children if they want to name our school, and even when pressed, my boys said "no" and had no interest.  DD8 has an interest but no ideas yet so I put her on it.  :)

I really want to come up with a name for ours (we're not required to have one), but my creativity is failing me.  If I asked DD it would end up being something like The Flamingo Princess School, which I don't consider a serious contender. ;)  

Fountain City Academy, inspired by a local landmark (fountain).  It's pretty and all, but I really did try to talk DH into Institute of Subversive Thought because I find it hilarious.  But, he vetoed that idea.  He's such a grown-up sometimes. :rolleyes:

We don't have school colors or a logo, but it sounds like a fun project.  We don't have a mascot, either, though I pushed for the Mighty Marmots.  DH and I had a memorable experience with marmots on a camping trip (pre-kids).  Despite the tie to family history and despite the fact that marmots are darn cute, DH and the girls wouldn't go along.  They're such sticks in the mud ;)

I saw an article recently about our country's school system and parents' growing desire to have a say in their children's education (shocking...), describing these opinionated parents, some of whom start their own, independent schools or even remove their children from the system completely and homeschool, from the public schools' perspective as "barbarians at the gates". That made me think hey, what about "Barbarian Academy"? Barbarian Classical Academy? :)

The current student body would probably want Princess School, but once the little brother joins in a few years that name probably won't fly. We'll have to give it some more thought...

Our upper school has a different name from our lower school. This is because the kids picked the name when we started home schooling, and I did not think that would be a good name for transcripts. But, kept the same colors and mascot and logo.

I have considered making a girls school now that I have a little girl. I thought it would be fun to have the Unicorn as a mascot! But, it is not like I have several girls. It would probably be silly to do different things for each child. 

We are the shooting stars. Our logo looks like a star, with an overlay star. Then there curves stripes off the stars going to the upper right side. Our colors are silver and blue and white. The logo looks very nice! 

We had to have a name when we first started so it's the name of our old street plus "Academy". Very boring, but the street name was a good one so we continue to use it.

:iagree:  Ours is "[street Name]" Academy. Not sure if I'll change that when it comes time for transcripts. Turns out there is a brick&mortar school in California with the same name.

I wanted Puss in Boots as our logo dude, but since it is trademarked, no one will print shirts with him showing his huge eyes (and our school name). None of the existing Puss in Boots shirts has the right picture on it. I had a saying to go with it, too. Ah well.

We live in a very small town in the middle of nowhere. Nearby kids who ask my dc where they go to school always ask, "Where's that?" when my kids answer our school name. Even though they know where the street is.  :laugh:

We're required to have a school name, for it to be different from all other homeschools in the county, and to keep it the same all the way through (even if we move within the state). Our street name is cumbersome, and my (very common) last name is already the name of a PS in town, so our name will be based on the meaning of DS's name. We are allowed to register July 1.

I keep tossing around Live Oak Academy, because we have a big live oak tree in our front yard. But I feel kinda funny naming our school--especially as an academy. Our relaxed homeschool doesn't really resemble what I'd imagine an "Academy" to be.  :blush:

The Oaks Academy, from Isaiah 61:3, "they will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."  Our last name is awkward and hard to spell or I would have probably just gone with that.  DH is a snob and he thought this sounded snobby enough to pass as a private school  :001_rolleyes: .  

We're required to name our homeschool.  In this state, it is "once-named, always named."  We can't change it, so it stays from Kinder to graduation (which means we can't pick a cutesy name now b/c it might be on the high school transcript. :p)

We ended up with county name Hills Academy.  (our county is somewhat hilly :D)

We are Wakefield Academy. We're not required to have a name, we just always have. We are the Wildcats, we've changed our school colors a few times, We have a motto for every year, this year it's "Don't Panic".  :coolgleamA:

Our Mission Statement for high school is "Cultivating knowledge, imagination, and aspirations through responsibility, integrity, compassion, and courage." 

When the kids were younger we had place names for our school: Cypress Cove Academy, River Bend Academy, School at Beautiful Island. We renamed our school whenever we moved. But two years ago I needed an official name for dual enrollment and now we are (Last Name) Homeschool.  :001_rolleyes:

I made the mistake of letting my kids joke around about it and they came up with Honegger Boot Camp.  You know, because I'm such a drill sergeant  ;)   Anyway, they've joked around about it so much by now that it's kind of stuck.  I'm pretty sure I won't be putting that on any transcripts anytime soon ... but it is now our unofficial name lol

I keep tossing around Live Oak Academy, because we have a big live oak tree in our front yard. But I feel kinda funny naming our school--especially as an academy. Our relaxed homeschool doesn't really resemble what I'd imagine an "Academy" to be.  :blush:

That's OUR school name!!!  

Already taken.  :001_tt2:

:tongue_smilie:

Our mascot is the Fighting Squirrels. 

Morris Classical Academy, because we're in Morris County, NJ, and it sounds just pretentious enough to fit in with the private schools around here. Logo is a unicorn on a blue shield, as per DD's request - see blog link below.

So far, I used CafePress to make a car sticker. Tshirts or othet swag may be next.

Archer Academy

We have to name our school to file the form to be our own private school, which is how we homeschool in California. We have a logo and school colors. They are navy blue and gold. This year we needed to make sure it as something that my oldest liked as the name that would be on her diploma someday. She is a ninth grader this year.

I hope to get the logo onto some shirts for this summer.