Menu

Erin Condren Teacher Planners are ON SALE. !!!!

I really like it, but I am having a hard time with the price. I can get a whole year of onlinehomeschooltracker for that price. Eek!

I can see what you're saying but the online or computer based options don't work for me. I can't have my laptop out everyday and barely even each week in our lifestyle. :-D

They look wonderful but to me, they are way too geared towards classroom teachers and I feel I'd be paying for parts that do not apply to a four-student homeschool setting. Now, being able to change things up, add/subtract sections? That would be great. But the customizable options don't seem to be that involved. Too bad because I use a pencil/paper planner and would love something so pretty!

They look wonderful but to me, they are way too geared towards classroom teachers and I feel I'd be paying for parts that do not apply to a four-student homeschool setting. Now, being able to change things up, add/subtract sections? That would be great. But the customizable options don't seem to be that involved. Too bad because I use a pencil/paper planner and would love something so pretty!

That totally makes sense. I will be working to create a use for the grid paper and the checklists but I am giddy about it and can't wait for it to arrive. :)

They look great!  But considering the fact that the year is half over, they should be 50% off.   :lol:

I've been researching these and I've read that they are undated so you could start using them any time during the year!

I'm very tempted to order... there are a few days left for the 30% off and free pens!

lifeon18wheels, have you received your order yet? I would love to hear what you think!

I've been researching these and I've read that they are undated so you could start using them any time during the year!

I'm very tempted to order... there are a few days left for the 30% off and free pens!

lifeon18wheels, have you received your order yet? I would love to hear what you think!

Yes, it's arrived BUT we are still out on the road and won't be home until the end the month. Mom took a picture of the box for me :D but I told her not to open it. I will tell you that I just bought a similar but nowhere near the expensive quality (just a plastic cover over pretty paper for the cover) on Etsy. I just searched Teacher Planner. The company I bought from was Plum Paper Boutique, I think. Hers are dated though.

We school year-round from October to September so the undated idea of Erin Condren's is great. I bought an 18-month Student Planner for my daughter from that store on Etsy.

I much prefer a written planner book. I just use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Products-Teachers-Green-Tint-Assorted-12144/dp/B0006OL4ZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392346208&sr=8-1&keywords=teacher%27s+daily+plan+book

I get them for 7$ at staples. I get one for each kid and they work for me. There is room for 8 subjects and plenty of room to write. I don't feel like I am paying for more than I need.

But, no, what I have isn't pretty, lol.

I had never heard of Erin Condren planners, so I did a google search. Wow! I can't believe how many very long youtube videos there are featuring this planner. And now I've learned about washi tape too. LOL. Washi tape, and Martha Stewart teardrop stickers, seem like mandatory accessories. Let us know when you upload your video. I think I spent two hours watching those videos last night, while supervising a sleep over. :lol:

I had never heard of Erin Condren planners, so I did a google search. Wow! I can't believe how many very long youtube videos there are featuring this planner. And now I've learned about washi tape too. LOL. Washi tape, and Martha Stewart teardrop stickers, seem like mandatory accessories. Let us know when you upload your video. I think I spent two hours watching those videos last night, while supervising a sleep over. :lol:

Yes, those videos were why I had to buy one.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's arrived BUT we are still out on the road and won't be home until the end the month. Mom took a picture of the box for me :D but I told her not to open it. I will tell you that I just bought a similar but nowhere near the expensive quality (just a plastic cover over pretty paper for the cover) on Etsy. I just searched Teacher Planner. The company I bought from was Plum Paper Boutique, I think. Hers are dated though.

We school year-round from October to September so the undated idea of Erin Condren's is great. I bought an 18-month Student Planner for my daughter from that store on Etsy.

How is the quality of the Plum Paper Boutique?  I've been thinking about ordering one from her since they are so cute and so much more affordable than EC.

Nevermind, just saw your review video!

How is the quality of the Plum Paper Boutique? I've been thinking about ordering one from her since they are so cute and so much more affordable than EC.

Nevermind, just saw your review video!

Great quality. I just like the covers if the Erin Condren better. And the size.

• 4 months later...

I used an Erin Condren teacher planner last year and while it was so very pretty (I love color!) I chose to make my own this year. I have two kids and I just didn't like having to squeeze everything into 1 box for each subject/day....and I frequently ran out of space. I never used the grid sheets or checklists and a few of the other forms in the front. What a previous poster mentioned earlier about this being geared toward a classroom teacher is right on. Unless there is a way to change how you map out your weekly lessons (switching columns/rows...I could never come up with a way to make it work) I would think that it would be hard to use for a larger family.

Now the life planner? I'm ordering my 3rd one this week. LOVE those books. I looked at the Plum Paper planners, as they are very similar (and cheaper) but from what I gathered the front cover isn't exactly laminated. I *think* its a frosted type of plasticky cover over the thicker printed cover. I've never owned one, and was set to purchase has one except for that small fact. I need a durable laminated cover or the edges get all messed up.

*oh, and the Erin Condren are undated. I bought mine in November of last year so I technically have another few months left in this one. But I'm ditching it and using the one I put together

*please forgive any typos, I'm on my phone and auto correct nails me sometimes lol

I ditched Erin Condren this year. The company has gone to crud since the launch of the new planners this year. They stopped answering their phones and took off the ability to comment on facebook because they have sent out TONS of messed up planners and crappy quality coils and covers. People are getting the wrong planners, shipping is taking forever and they are lying about stuff to customers. Then a customer service rep accidentally sent an email to a customer where she was calling the people on the EC facebook fan page freaks and Erin had to make an apology on twitter about it. 

I would advise doing a little research before putting your money there this year. There are facebook pages FULL of complaints and lies and rude emails from customer service. I seriously have never seen  company go down so fast and the fact that they only way you can "talk" to someone there is through email that is taking days and days to return and most people are getting an auto-sent email not from a person. Just google or look it up on fb or twitter. Its insane!!!

I bought a Plum Paper Planner and the paper is thicker and I see no problem with the non laminated cover. The EC LP's are sending out tons of covers with bubbled up lamination and the messed up coils are tearing pages. 

We Love EC Issues & Concerns  - this is one of the fb groups for complaints. 

Just wanted to throw out my EC review.

This is my first year using a LP.  I won a $100 gift card online which is why I bought it.  It did take forever to arrive (about a month).  They didn't send me the ruler I ordered and they did send me a sheet of stickers that belong to someone else.  They mailed the ruler within a week of me emailing them about it.  My planner is beautiful and doesn't have any issues that I see.

I ordered a ton of stickers with our regular activities printed on them.  I have large, messy handwriting so the stickers keep my planner from looking like a kindergartener got ahold of it.

Would I spend $100 to order one?  I'll know better in a year.  The stickers are $5/sheet and I'm sure I can print my own cheaper.  Maybe I'll just get the planner and make my own stickers.  But, as far as customer service goes, I've been happy.

I ditched Erin Condren this year. The company has gone to crud since the launch of the new planners this year. They stopped answering their phones and took off the ability to comment on facebook because they have sent out TONS of messed up planners and crappy quality coils and covers. People are getting the wrong planners, shipping is taking forever and they are lying about stuff to customers. Then a customer service rep accidentally sent an email to a customer where she was calling the people on the EC facebook fan page freaks and Erin had to make an apology on twitter about it. 

I would advise doing a little research before putting your money there this year. There are facebook pages FULL of complaints and lies and rude emails from customer service. I seriously have never seen  company go down so fast and the fact that they only way you can "talk" to someone there is through email that is taking days and days to return and most people are getting an auto-sent email not from a person. Just google or look it up on fb or twitter. Its insane!!!

I bought a Plum Paper Planner and the paper is thicker and I see no problem with the non laminated cover. The EC LP's are sending out tons of covers with bubbled up lamination and the messed up coils are tearing pages. 

We Love EC Issues & Concerns  - this is one of the fb groups for complaints. 

I have to add to this post. Just an FYI, the Life Planner that I bought last year had to be reprinted 7 times (no joke). They kept getting the font wrong, the pictures that I added were cut off and off center, the lamination stunk (bubbles) and the coils were bad. Now, they reprinted it each time, no issues there, however; my order was not very complicated and should have been done the correct way the first time. 

I did notice they don't allow phone calls any longer. They also changed that you can't order your planner from, say August of 2014-July 2015 anymore. Now it's just a 2015 and you can add the remaining 2014 in for an extra $5. Not a huge deal, however my last planner is set to go until November but I'm going to have to pay an $5 just for that one month. And it's going to be thicker.

And yes, it is taking FOREVER to get a response when you have to email them with any issues. It took 8 days to get a resolution to an issue that I had with one of my gift vouchers. Ridiculous. 

To be honest, as much as I do love these planners the only reason I ordered the Teacher Planner last year and Life Planner this year was because I had so many gift vouchers from the misprints last year. I didn't pay anything for the lesson planner and just $12 for the life planner. Had I had to pay full price again, I'd look elsewhere. Seems as though their quality control has dropped dramatically. 

So sorry that it's taken me this long to respond. I've had my planner for a good enough time to make an evaluation.

First off, my planner and it's quality are awesome. Nothing wrong there. I did order extra stickers and the print was thinner than their preprinted stickers but no big deal. I do think the price for the stickers is high but I wouldn't be able to figure out printing them and I don't have access to a printer daily (we are truck drivers and barely home).

Next issue is that I chose it for homeschooling not conventional school. I love that it is dateless and that I can start anywhere during the year and that drove me away from the Life Planner. It has 40 weeks of lesson planning (mine actually has 42 weeks, don't know why) and I just write in what week we are on. You write in the week number at the top and the dates down the left side of the left page. I do wish it had 7 days because we school they the week but I realize that's not normal for the majority.

Here are the negatives. They end up all being me versus the planner. I started off writing what we accomplished each day outside of doing Sonlight. I use their schedule and had added so much stuff to their schedule (in the blank spaces) that it looked messy. I realized after a month that I was just journaling what we did each week, I wasn't actually PLANNING anything. Ok, so back to square one. I pulled out all the stuff (books and schedules) that I had for my daughter to do and actually planned the next 3 months out (we school year-round). That was SO MUCH BETTER.

I have found that I've used those preprinted stickers to cover up my writing mistakes because I would plan something like CAP Fable to take 2 days a week but it only took her 1 day. Now, my planner looks like chaos. I even started using Washi tape and that just helps to streamline my pages by eliminating the blank spaces. Now it's filled with colorful chaos. I can see why a digital planner would work better for things like that but I don't want to get my computer out each day or even each week for that matter. Our lifestyle on the road just doesn't make it easy.

Other parts are all the pages that I didn't think I'd use. I have used the 2-page notebook sheets behind each month in the calendar for notes on struggles with sleep, focus, foods, changes in behavior, new products we started and where she is progressing. I didn't track that anywhere before my planner. I do like that.

The graphing pages, absentee pages and the grading pages are still mostly blank. I love the size of the teacher planner and wouldn't want those pages gone because then it would be a skinny thing. I just need to figure out what else I could put there. So, I'm not fully utilizing it but I wonder if it's because I only have one child or is it because I don't write stuff down as a habit. I don't know.

In response to the Plum Paper Planner. My daughter doesn't use it but it is an 18 month planner and so I'll try to reintroduce it in October when our new school year starts. I thought it would help her with feeling more in control of her studies but she's just not needing that like I thought. We've worked on food sensitivities, more consistent sleep, more consistent vitamin intake and now introducing Essential Oils and those things are helping her far more than the planner idea.

I hope somehow they my rambling that you. An determine whether you would want one. Are they expensive? Yes. Are they good quality? Yes, mine was but I've read more than once that people had issues, this thread included. Can hey handle daily life? Yes, and then some. That cover and coil (on mine) are fabulous and beyond able to handle my lifestyle. Does it fit my needs? Not really but I am willing to adapt. I wish they would come out with a larger Life Planner or a Homeschool Planner. Will I buy another one? Yes, because I need the strength of this one and I'm not ready to use one of the fabulous online or on computer ones. I can see when I'm home more and in a different job, a digital one may be in my future.

Now, with all that said. They are very pretty and I want one for educating myself in Essential Oils and beyond. I plan on becoming a Massage Therapist and want to be the coolest strident I class with my pretty planner. :D

Thanks for the further responses and review. I decided that I couldn't handle the frustration of possible repeated errors and poor customer service. I have enough of that in other areas of my life right now. (Yes, I'm talking to you, Comcast and Whirlpool!) :glare:

I ordered a Plum Paper planner. It isn't as pretty as the EC, but they seem to have more consistently favorable reviews.