Menu

Finally! My new school room is done.

Titus.Two.Five

Width of cabinets: 15 inches

Depth of cabinets: 10.5 inches

Space between for stool: 20 inches

I think with 2 children you could buy 6 cabinets, putting them back to back to create 3 doubles, and have a straight table. Or you could buy 8 cabinets, putting them back to back to make 4 doubles.

Place 2 sets 20 inches apart (side by side), for the front straight part and then the other 2 sets you would angle very slightly on the ends, placing 2 pieces of counter top on them cut at the 4 inch angle for a slight horse shoe effect.

Thanks so much. I would definitely want to do straight. I'm wondering if we could put a bookcase on on end facing out, then child, cabinet, child, cabinet. I'm not sure our space is big enough, though. I'm going to get to measuring!

Did your dh score the underside and take out some of the particle board?

I'll try my best to describe this :D

Where the counter is flat and then goes up into the backsplash, there was a long piece of square particle board running the whole length. He did somehow remove that long 'rod' before heating and flattening. :confused: :confused:

Does that make sense?

I was just wondering if the children's legs will dangle on the higher chairs?

No. They place them on the rung. If they don't place them on the rung they are little enough that when they sit back, the stool seat supports them well. I guess, they don't dangle anymore than they would on dining room chairs. ;)