Menu

It's offical. I'm a hoarder...

Jess4879

I just spent over three hours - yes, three hours - organizing all the PDF curriculum and schooling files on my computer.  And the really scary part?  I actually prefer hard copy - so you can just imagine what my office shelves look like. 

I need an intervention.  LOL

I haven't counted the files.  I have folders and sub-folders and the majority is for Grades K-4, with a bit going up to Grade 6.

File size says 1271MB...and just realized this isn't including my MathMammoth.  Oi.  There are a lot of lapbooks with graphics...big files..huge...that's probably what it all is. LOL

You come to a very bad place for it. We don't stage interventions, we enable you. :)

We can certainly provide suggestions for external drives in case you are running out of space on the computer, or creative ways to design bookshelves in areas otherwise unusable (even bathroom is an option with proper humidity control). :)

:) Mine isn't even organised and now as my second child is starting some things I am just downloading more instead of using what I already downloaded for the older one - because finding it takes too long. And like you I also prefer hard copies so we have loads of those too. However I don't really think it is much of a problem - if the hard drive ever gets close to getting full then maybe I will look at what is on there. As for time wasting - well I try not to think about that.

:) Mine isn't even organised and now as my second child is starting some things I am just downloading more instead of using what I already downloaded for the older one - because finding it takes too long. And like you I also prefer hard copies so we have loads of those too. However I don't really think it is much of a problem - if the hard drive ever gets close to getting full then maybe I will look at what is on there. As for time wasting - well I try not to think about that.

I was looking for a unit study on Sarah, Plain and Tall and I found three in my files.  That's when I decided I needed to sort and seperate. LOL  The trouble is, there are just so many amazing resources out there and I will never have time to try them all.  :(

There's a goodwill clearance center in my town that sells books for 25 Cents a pound. Teachers seem to have a habit of getting rid of excess books there - treasures! So I walk out with 40 lbs of books and pay $10

I have had to ban myself from going to local thrift shops and the Salvation Army fro some time because of this. I'll just walk out with arm loads.

I also have 3 external drives of pdfs or ebooks---free, bought, or gifted. And I prefer things on the shelf, so it's not uncommon to get packages in the mail from the print shop on a monthly basis. Then the organizing and putting in binders and labeling begins.

I am seriously trying to reign it all in however. 

This coming year I want to USE what I have, regardless, and make it all work. I also have a bit of a ILL loan problem. And always always some late fees. I'm reducing our library usage this year too. We'll focus on reading what we have in the house first and using the library for a few things. 

We also have a ton of books on the Kindle I'd like to get through.

<sigh>