Menu

Xpost-Digital Textbooks

Quiver, I think BJU's e-textbooks are pdf versions, not interactive or in any way enhanced.  Check on that.  Many ps publishers are going to interactive textbooks.  It's an area I wish BJU would get their butts in gear on.

Have you tried going to iTunes and looking?  What device are you wanting to put the texts on?  If it's an iPad, then you go to iTunes and look through their stuff.  I don't know how to help you find it directly, but it turns out iTunes has a whole section for textbooks within the store.  Go there and type in "biology miller levine"...  That will give you the Pearson published Miller Levine text that is very popular.  Then when you click it you'll see the directory it's in will say Textbooks.  Click that and you'll go to the whole section they have on textbooks.

I need to buy him either an ipad or a new LT so I am not picky on what device the material is available on at this point. I will buy whatever has the most options available. Right now I am leaning towards an ipad for this reason. I am specifically looking for history and science in digital format. Interactive similar to VP SP courses would be ideal. From the looks of it, the Abeka digital books will be interactive.  If they are, that will probably be the route we go. He uses TT for math and is doing well at this point. I will check out iTunes.

Quiver, I think BJU's e-textbooks are pdf versions, not interactive or in any way enhanced.  Check on that.  Many ps publishers are going to interactive textbooks.  It's an area I wish BJU would get their butts in gear on.

Have you tried going to iTunes and looking?  What device are you wanting to put the texts on?  If it's an iPad, then you go to iTunes and look through their stuff.  I don't know how to help you find it directly, but it turns out iTunes has a whole section for textbooks within the store.  Go there and type in "biology miller levine"...  That will give you the Pearson published Miller Levine text that is very popular.  Then when you click it you'll see the directory it's in will say Textbooks.  Click that and you'll go to the whole section they have on textbooks.