Menu

Night Driving; whoda thunk?

Carrie12345

There was a thread about night blindness and driving a while back.  I had mentioned that I have astigmatism and was hoping new glasses with anti-glare would help.  I want to report that they did in fact help. It wasn't the miracle cure I was hoping for, but I felt safe.

So, tonight I was driving two of my kids to the doctor. We left around dusk. As it got darker, I noticed someone had smudged the inside of my windshield right in my line of sight, and it was driving me nuts.

I pulled over to clean the glass.

My nightblindness is almost completely cured.

Clean the insides of your windshields, people!

:leaving:

:lol: I try to avoid driving around dusk because the contrast isn't enough for me to see well.

I'm totally getting up now to go check my windshield. And while I'm out there in the car, I may as well do a Starbucks drive-thru run.  LOL (I could kiss you for that extra little incentive to get up. I was wanting a tea but felt too lazy to get up to make one. Now I can get my tea and still be lazy and check my windshield all at once. Just call me Productive Patty!)

How do you get the insides really clean? I sent Dh outside with some glass cleaner and a paper towel and it still needs to be cleaned.

I used Windex and gas station paper towels (you know the icky brown stuff?)  b/c that's what I had. And I did it over and over and over.

Honestly, I only did the driver's side b/c I was trying to get to the doctor! But I'm going to do the whole thing tomorrow with the Better Life "I Can See Clearly Wow" spray. I like it better than Windex in my house, so I'm assuming I'll like it better in the car.