Menu

Non-homeschooling conferences

Staceyshoe

Just curious whether anyone attends a non-homeschooling conference.  I've attended the national Hearts at Home Conference for moms, and it's been amazing.  I also typically get sessions from the D6 Conference and plan to attend in the future.  At some point, I would love to go to She Speaks also.  All of those are Christian, but I'm curious about both Christian and secular conferences.

There seem to be more and more smaller conferences popping up about mothering, parenting, life in general, etc.  Which do you attend and do you love it?

I haven't been in a long while, but I've been to education/Bible/theology conferences by Desiring God (John Piper), Ligonier (R.C. Sproul),

Nancy Leigh DeMoss, PCRT (Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology). I'd love to go to Alistair Begg's Truth For Life conference some year. DH has been to hear Ravi Zacharias speak. 

I get to go to a small conference on children's ministry/discipleship/education that my denomination does every couple of years. This year it's in Huntsville, AL. 

Our city gets several Christian conferences of various kinds and sizes every year. Paul David Tripp will speak on parenting at our church in the fall.  

There seem to be more and more smaller conferences popping up about mothering, parenting, life in general, etc. Which do you attend and do you love it?

I can't imagine having the slightest interest in wanting to attend a conference about mothering, parenting, or life in general.

Maybe I'm just an arrogant fool, but I don't want to sit and listen to people tell me how I should be living my life or parenting my child. It would seem like a complete and utter waste of time to me.

I would like to attend a conference related to a skill or hobby that interested me, though. :)