Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

No, I'm not ready yet!  I still have to go to bed from Sunday!

Ugh...  long day...  yoga for me, back home to whisk the kids to co-op, plan tomorrow's science co-op while they're in regular co-op, whisk them to piano, teach something while they alternate with the piano teacher, then back home to collapse.

It's a holiday, haven't you heard?  We're taking the day off school.  It's hard to school when James Bond is home.  He gets in the way!

To do:

B'fast, lunch (out), dinner (Tuna steaks, roasted brussel sprouts, and salad)

Exercise!

Go grocery shopping.  I planned to do it on Sunday, but I had a terrible headache, and took a nap instead.  It's probably too many days of staying up late and not getting enough sleep.

Meet a friend of mine and her family for lunch and a chat.  She makes wine, people!  And she's won awards!  Any wonder we're friends???

Go to the fabric store and find fabric to recover the dining chairs

Obligatory, clean the kitchen

Maybe 1 load of laundry

Plan school!  I must do this!  I've been flying by the seat of my trousers for the past few weeks, and I don't like it!  I need a plan!

Think about how dreamy Benedict Cumberbatch is, as I watch The Empty Hearse and try to spot any changes PBS made

Read

We're taking the day off as well :) Dh is off (all stock and bond markets are closed) and the university is closed. Dh, the girls, and I are heading to IKEA in an hour to redo dd14's bedroom :party: (It's not a complete re-do, more of an update---she wants a proper desk, a colorful desk chair, another Billy bookcase, etc. She has a budget to follow :D)

After we're home I will need to

--exercise

--make dinner (bfast for dinner today---hm sausage patties, eggs, hm English muffins, fruit)

--plan school for the week

--plan out my week

--send out some emails

Holiday? Holiday? Why do you have a holiday? I know nothing about a holiday!

It's not fair! :D

Plans for today:

-dd10: Math, English, Latin, Biology, Geography, Logic

*I scrapped Latin, we did way too much Math today

-dd7: Math, English, Dutch, Geography, Copywork, Reading

-dd5: Math, Copywork, Reading

-everyone: read aloud during lunch

-everyone: traffic education

-talk with my dad

-Greek & Latin vocab

-laundry

-clean bathroom

-treadmill

-read a book

-watch inbox for delivery confirmation email :toetap05:

Habits:

-get enough steps (fitbit)

-vit D & fish oil & multi

-NO SUGAR

Happy Monday to you all!

Dh is home from Africa so unpacking and catch up still going on.

Spent all day in the ER with eldest yesterday, more Lyme issues, massive pain in her rib area, they ran every test known to man and once again it was "sorry, we have no idea".  I am not sure how much more of this either of us can take.  One day at a time I guess.

My twin is off today and I haven't seen her since Christmas so she is coming over to hang out for awhile.

I have a Dr. appointment at 3 for my arm injury, we shall see what they have to say after images.

Discovered a massive leak under the bathroom sink at 11:00 last night and it was disgusting under there.  Dh fixed the leak but we still need to replace the flooring under the cabinet.

And, of course, after 10 days of lost work from his missions trip, money will be tight for awhile.  If only the cat hadn't needed that $170 bloodwork!  But, he did need it and I don't regret taking him.

School tomorrow and I need to get ready for lab on Wednesday.

Running laundry and the dishwasher now.

Need to go put gas in my car and pick up dog and cat food, which we are completely out of and she is staring at me wondering why I haven't noticed her empty dish.

I've also done eldest's chores for her this morning, letting her sleep in after yesterday.  So, cat boxes, chickens and cleaned up after her dear little rabbit.

Things are getting down to a dull roar at this point errand and chore-wise.

So weird, I was searching for this post last night and this am, it never came up in the search, yet when I searched for it now it popped up first and shows it was posted last night.

Anyway onto my day.  It is around quarter to 10 or so now, So far today I have already done:

work daycare 730-830am

meeting at police station to clear ds10s name

stop at dollar store and pick up new can opener and pizza cutter

pick up parcel waiting at post office and mail

Still to do:

finish cleaning office and wash floor

go to bank and take out money for dd6s pizza order

put pizza order form and all funds into envelope in her sparks bag

get sparks uniforn ready and put out so she can get ready tonight

Work daycare 3-6(though may go earlier to set up new centers)

staff meeting 6-7

545pm call dd14 and remind her to walk dd6 over to sparks

645pm call dd14 and remind her to go get dd6 from sparks and walk her home

work diner 8-9

clean kitchen

petcare
laundry

help ds15 with the homework he got from the career counsellor (researching careers)

clean entrance

clean bathroom

do some sort of schoolish stuff with ds10, and assign reading to dd14. 

read for BaW(should finish off book 3 today and continue reading where I left off in book 4)

preview TC shakespeare set that came in at the library on Friday so we can begin using it effectively, also schedule out the TC odyssey set that we put on the shelf last term and need to finish off.

pay mortgage

pick up paycheque from diner

deposit cheque

get groceries

dd6 has been exploring and playing with base tens blocks this week after being introduced to them and unlike my other 3 she understands them without a lot of instruction, so lately she has been having parties with them where they all have to move to the bigger house when 10 show up.  I introduced her to the thousand cube yesterday so I suspect she will spend hours in her game again.  I am counting that as school for her today though I will likely do a reading lesson with her later.

No school today.  DH off work for holiday.  Sweet-Pea has some sort of 24 hour stomach thing and Boo-Boo is at a sleepover at her best friend's house. 

For me:

Grocery store

School planning

do some organization in school room

get some books ready to paperback swap or sell

may go to book club tonight although I haven't actually read the book

I haven't been writing out my habits lately.  I'm going to do so today just to get them straight in my mind:

Habits I never stopped doing:

Monitor blood sugar and blood pressure

Green smoothie or kombucha - more often kombucha lately to try and keep my gut flora intact with all the antibiotics I'm on

Get in steps - at least partially.  

Keep living room tidy

No rice

Habits that I've suspended due to health issues:

10 min. dog grooming

Keep dining room tidy - ok this is only partly due to health issues.

Getting in all my steps

New habits I started today:

Monitoring my blood sugars 2 hours postprandially throughout the day

Have breakfast within 30 min. of waking up.

So I did the first thing on my list...fix my internet.  Yay!

Now that the day is half over....

More school--the kids are annoyed at me, but we are out of state for a three day meet next weekend.

Clean downstairs

oversee chores

check bills

laundry

Habits:

green smoothie

write 30 minutes

art/craft 30 minutes

Well, I'm trying not to be a hard nose. We are having school today, but the rest of the neighborhood is not. Puts me in a pickle. So, I decided that we'll just do the "3 R's" and let the extra things (science and Latin) slide today. Good grief. It seems like those kids are always on some vacation or other. They had a three week Winter break, were back in school for a week and now have another vacation day. Do they ever study?

I have to clean the house for the cleaners

Get my allergy shots if they are open

Pay my late (oops, thought I paid it, found out I hadn't) utility bill, if the city offices are open. They collected trash this morning, so I'm thinking maybe.

DS10 has basketball practice tonight

Readinmom, same here, too. My daffodils are pushing up, my Lentin Roses are blooming a month early, and some of the fruit trees are starting to bloom, about 6-8 weeks early. It's a bizarre winter. If you could call it winter. No rain still. Dry as a bone out here. First time in my memory they're considering winter time "fire season", for wildfires.

The kids are going to  hate me - a flu shot is scheduled for tomorrow morning - 10:10.

It's not that bad.  Do they offer the flu mist, or just the shot?  A few seconds of stinging are WAY better than a week or more of being miserably sick.

Speaking of sick, my plans for the day are shot, as my friend's daughter got sick yesterday afternoon, so there will be no lunch out today.  We've rescheduled for next week, to give her time to get better and for the germs to go away, so we don't get sick too.

It's not that bad.  Do they offer the flu mist, or just the shot?  A few seconds of stinging are WAY better than a week or more of being miserably sick.

Speaking of sick, my plans for the day are shot, as my friend's daughter got sick yesterday afternoon, so there will be no lunch out today.  We've rescheduled for next week, to give her time to get better and for the germs to go away, so we don't get sick too.

All the clinics up here are apparently out of the flu mist.  They've ordered more but don't know when it will come since it comes from the government.  The flu shots are actually for me - as in I'm trying to control the disease vectors in my life.  The doctor has said that I absolutely cannot get sick but I'm too ill and my immune system to fragile to handle actually getting a flu shot right now.  Poor kids - being labeled disease vectors that have to be managed!  

I'm sorry that your plans with your friend didn't work out.  

Dd - did history on her own.

Dd - did math, logic, thinking skills and vision therapy type stuff with me.  I have no idea really what I'm doing with the VT but I can't afford any therapy for dd right now so I'm just going through the book with her.  She was rolling her eyes at the exercises last week but today she was having fun with it - mostly because I upped the difficulty to level 2 and it was actually a bit challenging for her.

Ds - did robotics (I'm not sure exactly what he did but he was sure excited about whatever it was), DIY.org (Dd already does some projects for this and I decided to have ds do it too - it has encouraged him to branch out and explore some more) and health.  

Me - took a blood sugar reading 2 hours after breakfast.

Emptied and then filled and ran the dishwasher

We took a school holiday since Dh is off work today.

Last night I vacuumed and dusted.  A book shelf we had in our bedroom cratered, so once we got everything off of it and put away it just made sense to go ahead and vacuum and dust.

Today:

Dh picked up breakfast and brought it home
Made bed
Rearranged things again in our closet
Laundry
We made a trip to the dump to get rid of cratered bookshelf and a few other things that had piled up in the garage
Took ds1 to the video store
Little one and I went to Goodwill and had a major score on legos YAY!
Then we went to the grocery store so I could pick up spaghetti. I  bought everything but spaghetti lol  I'm making chicken spaghetti tonight.  I have some spaghetti and radiatorre that will work.
Put groceries up
Ate lunch

The rest of the afternoon is free time.  I'll cook dinner tonight.

A change in plans:

Chemistry with dd.  She compared ingredients of cereal, soda, kitchen cleaner, and shampoo, and swears she will never eat again. 

Bathing suit shopping was a pain.  We had to go to several different sporting goods stores.  o

Dh and sons will go out shopping for dd's birthday and have dinner out. 

To do:

spelling, math drills, read aloud

workout

dinner

Went to grocery store and just got basics for tonight, tomorrow I will drive to town 1 hour away for full grocery shop.  picked up mail (including parcel), picked up paycheque but did not get to my bank to deposit it yet.  Got money for dd6s pizza order, went to work, worked 3-6, had staff meeting, while there dd14 took dd6 to sparks, pizza order submitted, I picked her up at the end, I forgot the meeting ran 30 minutes longer tonight thanks to the guest speaker which was perfect timing for picking her up after my staff meeting.  Dropped her off at home, went to diner helped dining room staff close up the diningroom, put dishes away for the dishwasher and then got my stuff done.  Still finished up for 9pm.  Now home and going through bedtime routines with younger kids while thinking ahead to tomorrow and getting ready to do some laundry and dishes.  Fingers crossed I get to go to bed by 10pm for once.