Menu

I have come to a conclusion.

Even though I always have the best of intentions, I NEVER utilize any materials that are MP3s, or PDFs for teaching. I purchase, download, begin to listen once, then abandon. I purchase, print, bind, begin to read, then never touch it again. If it isn't a real book in a traditional binding, forget about it. That just made my life easier. 

Huh! See, I find that using the various books and workbooks to be too cumbersome. I even have a wall of bookshelves next to our table, and a Desk Apprentice sitting right there, but it's a case of out-of-sight, out-of-mind. I rip apart workbooks and print PDFs and stick them in an 8-pocket portfolio, and THAT is what makes stuff get done.

I hope that you were stocking up at the $1 sales and not spending too much cash on stuff you can't use! I can't say the same for some of my stuff sitting around.

Even though I always have the best of intentions, I NEVER utilize any materials that are MP3s, or PDFs for teaching. I purchase, download, begin to listen once, then abandon. I purchase, print, bind, begin to read, then never touch it again. If it isn't a real book in a traditional binding, forget about it. That just made my life easier.

Same here.

Ditto. I have lots of great stuff in PDF format on my computer, and I never get round to using it.

OTOH, if it is printed and bound, it is in my sight and so it gets done.

For a student planner too, I printed out Jan-Dec planner pages for this year and I am keeping track of what we do.

(Well, at least I am not restricted only to only traditionally bound stuff. I suppose if I prepare a ready reckoner of all those ebooks, by grade and by subject, they might get done.)

I'm the same way. I need to print my ebooks and organize them in binders or I completely forget about them. This is why free online curricula has never worked out for me. I've tried to *do* MEP, Baltimore lessons, KISS grammar...but the work of printing some of and needing to be at the computer  just derailed me. I prefer it on my shelf. 

I love Bravewriter, but I 100% know I would have never done it and loved it if I didn't print it all out and bind it. I need to be able to highlight, tab, make notes etc in my materials or they're useless to me. 

The only ebooks that work better on a screen for me has been our HFA and Montessori materials. 

I will say the Kindle is slightly making this easier to do, but I still need paper in my binders. 

As far as actual books to read aloud? I still need them in my hand. I've only used the Kindle for some harder to find classics (Ambleside type books).

We succeeded with KISS for a year but only because I sent the file off to be printed & bound first. (The Answer Key was on the computer and it was a pain to go check it everytime we did an exercise.)

I'm almost the same way, but I can do it if I have it sent off to be printed/bound first. My problem is that I tweak too much, so I end up re-writing the thing. I'm definitely an in-hand type of gal.

I agree with all of you!  With books, I at least put the ones I purchase on the shelf with other like books so I'm more likely to stumble across them.  PDF's--out of sight, out-of-mind.  But I will say, things that come on CD's in those nice little cases--yes those get used because they are shelved with the books!

It's good to know I'm not alone. LOL