Menu

woo hoo - seahawks won.

gardenmom5

I could not care less about football, but I was really afraid the entire city of Seattle would blow up, no matter whether they won or lost.  People here have been crazy all week!  I even saw a woman who had a pair of heel painted in Seahawk colors with the Hawks logo on them.  WHAT?  Why would you do that to a pair of beautiful shoes?  :scared:

I could not care less about football, but I was really afraid the entire city of Seattle would blow up, no matter whether they won or lost.  People here have been crazy all week!  I even saw a woman who had a pair of heel painted in Seahawk colors with the Hawks logo on them.  WHAT?  Why would you do that to a pair of beautiful shoes?  :scared:

Yep, the air was definitely static with the tenseness before the game. Just wait the next two weeks will be worse. 

better shoes than the guy who got a tatoo.

dh and I were reminising about the denver game in the preseason.  with defense like that (and special teams) - who needed offense.  they ran an interception from denver's endzone back for a touchdown.  and another for 90+ yards. and that only accounted for 14 points. that game was not a nail biter.

if you bring in your ticket - jack in the box will give you a free whatever their burger is if they sack the opposing quarterback three times.  my boys really enjoyed their hamburgers.

eta: I went to an adult party at church on friday night.  it's their "christmas" party held in january when people aren't as busy.  (it's also a not to be missed becasue it's such fun.)  instead of christmas decorations, it was football paraphenalia dangling from the ceiling.  only two jerseys.

eta: I went to an adult party at church on friday night.  it's their "christmas" party held in january when people aren't as busy.  (it's also a not to be missed becasue it's such fun.)  instead of christmas decorations, it was football paraphenalia dangling from the ceiling.  only two jerseys.

You haven't seen jersey's everywhere?  I swear I feel like I'm in a sea of hawks colors.  See what I did there?  Sea of Hawks colors?  Man, I amuse myself!

I think I live in a different Seattle. Aside from a few displays at the grocery store and the cover of the Times, I haven't seen much. My son has a two blues and green coat and someone asked him if it was for the Seahawks and he was totally puzzled as to what that was.

OMG, that made me laugh.  I had to have a friend explain the whole twelfth man thing to me.  I was completely clueless.  We live just north of Olympia, and let me assure you, people here are Hawks mad.  I had to go pick Indy up from a scout camping trip this morning, and there were people on the northbound 5 whose cars were covered in flags, banners and ribbons (in blue and green, of course), and they were waving to people and holding up the #1 on their fingers and dancing in the cars.  It's wacky!  I want to come live near you.  These people are nuts. ;)

OMG, that made me laugh.  I had to have a friend explain the whole twelfth man thing to me.  I was completely clueless.  We live just north of Olympia, and let me assure you, people here are Hawks mad.  I had to go pick Indy up from a scout camping trip this morning, and there were people on the northbound 5 whose cars were covered in flags, banners and ribbons (in blue and green, of course), and they were waving to people and holding up the #1 on their fingers and dancing in the cars.  It's wacky!  I want to come live near you.  These people are nuts. ;)

Yeah, to get the stadium financed they had to take it to the legislature and a statewide referendum.  It failed in Seattle 2 years prior.  While I know there are lots of fans in Seattle and obviously more fair weather fans to boot, the core of their fan base is from outside of the city.  My older brother works the games and people drive from all over the state.  Whereas the Sounders fans tend to be more based in Seattle/King County.  I've been to exactly 1 Seahawks game ever.  It was 16 years ago and I went on a date.  Shortly thereafter, I started dating my husband who likes sports way less than me and pays even less attention to football than I do.  It's safe to say that he's never been to a football game or even watched one on TV.  He humors me and comes along to a couple of Mariners and Storm games a year and a few times a season he comes with me to see the Rat City Roller Girls but that is his sports limit. 

I think I live in a different Seattle. Aside from a few displays at the grocery store and the cover of the Times, I haven't seen much. My son has a two blues and green coat and someone asked him if it was for the Seahawks and he was totally puzzled as to what that was.

the only one I encountered who did was the clerk at lowe's.  I could see the 12th man flag atop the space needle prior to LAST week's game.  it was down afterwards.  i don't know if it's back up, because it's been so foggy/smoggy I can see much.

Yeah, to get the stadium financed they had to take it to the legislature and a statewide referendum.  It failed in Seattle 2 years prior. 

and they'd spent millions FIXING the kingdome beforehand.  it hadn't even been paid off before they blew it up to build the new stadium.   there are many times the politicos come up with ways to get around the voters and get what they want.

I live in the same area, it was pretty crazy here.

We found it amusing that the two states represented in this year's Superbowl are the two states where pot is legal... can only imagine some of the parties that are going to happen! XD

and they'd spent millions FIXING the kingdome beforehand. it hadn't even been paid off before they blew it up to build the new stadium. there are many times the politicos come up with ways to get around the voters and get what they want.

You don't even want to get me started in this topic. I was pissed about that state deal. I think that teams should pay for their own infrastructure. Though to be fair, the kingdome fixes weren't luxury ones. More of the "lets make sure these roof tiles don't kill anyone.