Menu

who has more ignored clothing?

gardenmom5

outdated clothing?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. who has more clothes they can't fit, don't wear?

• you do
    • your significant other/spouse does
    • you don't know because you can't see the back of the closet

just curious-  (and I'll give more details later)

who has more clothing that doesn't fit?  (and will only in your dreams), you don't wear becasue you don't like them?   dates from before you were even married?  high school?

I'm not talking about seasonal or very dressy items you might wear once a year.  (unless it's been sitting there for 10 years and never worn in all that time.)

I don't have as much as I used to but there are a couple of pieces that I just loved so much I can't bear to part with them.  I do try to follow Tim Gunn (paraphrase to follow)-If it doesn't make you feel fabulous why is it in your closet?  Over the past few years I have gotten harsher with myself and released to the universe that which does not make me feel good.  I admitted that I wore the same 5 outfits daily and got rid of most of the rest.

I have plenty of ignored clothing (can't see the back of the closet, lol) but... dh wins the "hasn't worn for the longest time" award in our house.  He still has his high school graduation suit.  I don't have any clothes that date back to the same year -- I was in elementary school then.

Me right now.

I have lots of clothes that are too big for me from pregnancy... but no money to buy new clothes right now. So I have to keep them and even (gasp) wear them once in a while.

Most of my clothes don't fit me very well. But, I'm saving up some cash so I can get a new wardrobe soon, and then I'll get rid of all of those.

My husband definitely has more clothes all together, though.

I definitely have more clothes, hands down.  But with a few exceptions, I do wear most of them.  And some of the exceptions I keep around for a specific reason, like, say, the weird lacy black skirt that works for Halloween witch or Renaissance fair...  Dh has less clothes, but he also has theater stuff he's accumulated and there are things that are not worn ever it seems.  So it's hard to compare.

My weight yo-yos and I've learned the hard way not to get rid of the larger sizes because then I'll wind up needing to wear maternity clothes when I'm not pregnant :-(

If I could just maintain my preferred size, I'd gladly dump a lot of the stuff that's in my closet & dresser.

My hubby, by a long shot. I have a couple business suits I don't wear anymore but keep around just in case and a few fancy dresses that don't get much use, but other than that,I run a pretty tight ship. My DH? He actually had a whole large tote full of random old khaki pants. Sigh.

My dh does. I'm the one who reads articles about organizing/purging, watches What Not to Wear, etc. He doesn't really think about them that way. The only way he'll purge is if I hold something up and say "you never wear this, right? Can I donate it?" He doesn't regularly "edit" the way I do.

DH. He owns the whole walk in wardrobe and all my clothes are in one plastic ironing basket. DH is a hoarder...I am a purger. I have stayed the same weight as high school so I wear all my clothes and they get worn out and I throw them out. DH has weight issues and keeps buying clothes as he gets bigger but won't get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit for 'when he looses weight'. Also I care about style and he doesn't. If my clothes are terribly out of date or look too young on me I donate them. DH doesn't care about that and has some truly ugly stuff that if he puts it on I won't go out in public with him.

DH has at least three times more clothes than me.he has clothes that he war over 30 years ago and still hangs onto. He still fits into them, just doesn't wear them

I am guessing these are his old Canadian clothes right? LOL. My DH has boxes of ski clothes and heavy jackets and pants and sweaters out in the shed. He hasn't worn them for 10 years because he wears nothing but t-shirts here even in winter but he won't get rid of them. You know...just in case it ever snows here in Aus due to climate change or something LOL.

I am guessing these are his old Canadian clothes right? LOL. My DH has boxes of ski clothes and heavy jackets and pants and sweaters out in the shed. He hasn't worn them for 10 years because he wears nothing but t-shirts here even in winter but he won't get rid of them. You know...just in case it ever snows here in Aus due to climate change or something LOL.

Actually I forgot to include all his winter clothes. He has a full built in robe of them in Canada at his parent's house. The clothes he brought over here were all the rest,

It is about equal here.

We have a small master closet and have equal space, so that helps.

He has some clothes that were specific to his old job that I would love to see him get rid of but he is a bit sentimental so he holds on to them.  His employer used to like to have them all wear matching shirts for team building events, so while they are nice clothes, they are embroidered with the company logo and event.  He will never wear that 'national sales event' sweater vest again, but alas, it hangs there anyways.  LOL  

I have 5 dresses that I used to wear to his work events but haven't worn since.  I need to sell them or figure out something to do with them before they go out of style.  They are semi-formal dresses so I have no reason to keep them since his new company's work events are 3000 miles away where the headquarters are located.   (he works from home)  

I don't have a significant other.  I live with my 25 year-old daughter and my parents.  My daughter and I have little to no ignored clothing due to moving so many times that we didn't want to haul it around.  I'd say of my parents that my father has the most.  He also has more coats/jackets than ANYONE I have ever known.  What I don't know is why.  LOL

Dh, for sure. I'm the purger. He's the saver. He doesn't buy clothes anyway (except t-shirts) and hardly ever gets rid of any clothing. He still has his karate gee hanging in there and hasn't done karate in 25 years!