Menu

Right Start E to AOPS PreAlgebra: Do I need something else in between?

We took the assessment test to find out where to start in 5th grade (after Level E), and started earlier at SM 4B. So 5th grade, 4B & 5A. 6th grade, 5B & 6A (very easy review, took a month at most). He liked Singapore a lot. It's a good stop-gap I feel. Very helpful for fractions, decimals, percents, ratios, etc.

I did this but with MM.

I'll keep you posted when I get any new update emails.

I don't know how extensive it can be, being a 40-some odd day program. There's also decimals, percents and intro to negative numbers that we covered ahead of Pre-A. Especially AoPs - b/c AoPs is really challenging. 

LOL, well I shouldn't be in a rush as we are currently on break and we also have 4B to work through and just a couple of pages of 4A but I'm anxious to see it. I love that it is pretty short. I looked again at BA and mult/div Fractions isn't until 4D which could be another year and even so doing again a that point would likely be a good review. So we could do BA4B, RS Fractions, BA4C..... Throw some more Hands on Equation and various review until BA4D but with the Fractions we shouldn't have too much if any wait time in between books, especially as we aren't starting yet.

I just remembered that RS will be at a homeschool conference that I'll be attending in two weeks.  I'll email and ask them to bring the lessons/worksheets.  Hopefully RS will post an online sample to tide me over.  :thumbup1:

Wonderful!!  I hope they'll sell the manual and worksheets separately from the manipulatives since I already have them.  So...who'll be the first one to buy it and report back to rest of us...lol!

I will do it! I will accept this mission! I will buy the lessons and worksheets tomorrow!  (You had me at "So..." ;))

This will be perfect for us to do over the summer.  :thumbup:

ETA: I inquired about this kit last night, asking if it's equivalent to what is covered in RS Level E or RS Geometry, or perhaps a precursor to RS Geometry, and I received the following response.

The fraction kit will duplicate games that are played in the Math Card Games Kit. It is set up from for children or adults to learn and UNDERSTAND fractions. It starts with them understanding what a fraction is to adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages. It shows how they are used in day to day activities. 

It is a great kit!

I will do it! I will accept this mission! I will buy the lessons and worksheets tomorrow!  (You had me at "So..." ;))

This will be perfect for us to do over the summer.  :thumbup:

ETA: I inquired about this kit last night, asking if it's equivalent to what is covered in RS Level E or RS Geometry, or perhaps a precursor to RS Geometry, and I received the following response.

:gnorsi:  Thank you for doing your due diligence!   :D

This morning I sent an email off to RS requesting that they put a sample of the lessons manual online, specifically multiplication and division, and it be on their table at the conference I'm attending in two weeks.  

It sounded to me like it comes after Level E and it is more fleshed out than just the games.

:iagree:

I went to buy just the lessons and worksheets, but ended up adding the new fraction charts to my cart as well. However, there was only a $1 difference between buying the whole kit and the three items I'd initially placed in the cart :o, so I just purchased the whole kit instead. :001_cool: