Menu

Here we go again! Seahawks or 49rs?

TraciWA

The 49ers stadium is just walking distance away but I'm not interested in the sport. The local Safeway and Target are all deck out for 49ers though. I rather watch San Jose Sharks or winter olympics.

ETA:

Think I was more amused by the news about the 49ers coach's wife being annoyed with him buying his pants from Walmart.

I like both the Seahawks and the 49'ers, but I'm rooting for the Seahawks to win because Harbaugh makes me mental with all of his sideline hissy fits. But definitely rooting for the Pats!! :hurray:

I don't care too much but I'm rooting for the Seahawks because I also don't like the fits that Jim Harbaugh throws.

UGH!

My 10 yo DD is a Seahawks fan and it KILLS me to see adult men (Sherman?  the guy with the Seahawks) modeling such pathetic, unsportsmanlike behavior.

I don't really follow football and don't care who plays in the Superbowl.  But, I do care when adult role models behave like obnoxious brats in public.  Shame, shame, shame on them.

Is anyone in Seattle calling them out on their crappy behavior?

UGH!

My 10 yo DD is a Seahawks fan and it KILLS me to see adult men (Sherman?  the guy with the Seahawks) modeling such pathetic, unsportsmanlike behavior.

I don't really follow football and don't care who plays in the Superbowl.  But, I do care when adult role models behave like obnoxious brats in public.  Shame, shame, shame on them.

I have read a couple articles about it. One written by Sherman. Sounds like it is not just one sided and blown a wee bit out of proportion.

I have read a couple articles about it. One written by Sherman. Sounds like it is not just one sided and blown a wee bit out of proportion.

Here's a good one. He's an intelligent well spoken man, that was interviewed at a really bad time. Also, Crabtree tried to fight him at a charity event last year when Sherman tried to shake his hand. I'm not a big Sherman fan, my loyalties are with Brady (and the Sherman/Brady feud is a whole other thing) but he was on a bit of an adrenaline high after the game last night....

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

My 10 yo DD is a Seahawks fan and it KILLS me to see adult men (Sherman? the guy with the Seahawks) modeling such pathetic, unsportsmanlike behavior.

I don't really follow football and don't care who plays in the Superbowl. But, I do care when adult role models behave like obnoxious brats in public. Shame, shame, shame on them.

crabtree grabbed his face mask and twisted as well as pulled down. It wa in retaliation for deflecting the ball and keeping it live. I'm sure if it hadn't been the last play of the game crabtree would have had a personal foul. The interview was right after that.

anyone in SF calling out crabtree's poor sportsmanship?

Should be "calling HIM out on HIS crappy behavior."  One guy being a dork. 

Have you seen the video on youtube of Earl Thomas giving out free safety advice in downtown Seattle?  Hilarious. 

Richard, Richard. Don’t you know whose namesake you are? Why, in another era, RICHARD SHERMAN was a songwriter. And a darned good one. Along with his brother Robert, he penned the soundtrack for the movie musical Mary Poppins. Yes, a movie historically as good (nay, even better) than today’s Sherman is a cornerback! So for those who have enjoyed the movie, and even those who haven’t, let’s recap the story of the Animated Seahawks Cornerback:

Cornerback Richard Sherman helped win the game for the Seattle Seahawks when his STEP IN TIME managed to help him deflect a last-second pass. He delivered his post-game remarks with more than a SPOONFUL OF SUGAR, while interviewer Erin Andrews, SISTA, SUFFERED A BIT. She appeared a little perplexed, as the excitable Mr. Sherman told her all about THE LIFE I LEAD. You see he is THE PERFECT CORNERBACK, practically perfect in every way!  And now he was about to lead his team on a JOLLY HOLIDAY to New Jersey (hat tip to Gov’ner Chris Christie, who is sure to lament that A MAN HAS DREAMS).

There is no doubt that Sherman’s play was SUPERBOWLFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS, and it was no problem for millions of fans to STAY AWAKE until the end of the game.  Naturally Sherman is hoping to put on an equally impressive performance in the Superbowl contest against the Denver Broncos, even if a Polar Vortex causes fans in the stadium to FRA FRA FAR-EEEZE in their seats. Sherman’s agent is no doubt hoping an impressive performance on a national stage will help his client laugh all the way to FIDELITY FIDUCIARY BANK when contract time rolls around.

What if the colorful Mr. Sherman is burned by future hall-of-fame quarterback Peyton Manning? And what if the Denver defense fails to FEED THE BIRDS? Then it’ll be time to say LET’S GO FLY A KITE, as his moment in the spotlight may be as fleeting as a Superbowl audience’s attention span.

Here’s a bit of advice from the Magical Nanny herself: “Well begun is half done.â€

Spit spot, Mr. Sherman. Spit spot!