Menu

I someone here still looking for gluten free pizza dough recipe?

Indian summer

Lol!

I went to get a link and when I came back the post had vanished! Well, it likely didn't poof, but I can't find it, nor do I know how old it was...

But just in case, here is a link to my fave tried and true pizza dough. It's called sandwich bread, but it offers a variation within the recipe for pizza dough. You will need to use parchment or a silpat. Even non GF folks love this bread, it's that good and super easy - no kneading!

http://www.glutenfreegobsmacked.com/2007/07/gf-wrap-sandwich-success/

Lol!

I went to get a link and when I came back the post had vanished! Well, it likely didn't poof, but I can't find it, nor do I know how old it was...

But just in case, here is a link to my fave tried and true pizza dough. It's called sandwich bread, but it offers a variation within the recipe for pizza dough. You will need to use parchment or a silpat. Even non GF folks love this bread, it's that good and super easy - no kneading!

http://www.glutenfreegobsmacked.com/2007/07/gf-wrap-sandwich-success/

That bread is GREAT!  My kids love it with nutella-type spreads.  I reduce the sugar a bit when I make a batch to use for meat sandwiches, but the recipe as printed is great for PB&J.  It's good with just butter too.  Or plain.  Or... lots of ways!

Reporting back -- I bought the GF pizza from Costco, and we had it for dinner tonight.  It was okay, not great, but I would eat it again.  Well, I guess we WILL eat it again, because the pizza comes in a 2-pack and I baked only one.

The bummer part... one of my GF kids seems to have intermittent dairy issues and the pizza made her feel sick. :(  I'm going to look at the ingredient list; maybe there's something else in it that bugs her.  It's odd; sometimes she can eat dairy just fine, and sometimes it's a problem.  It may be the dairy in conjunction with something else in the dairy-containing food...?

Reporting back -- I bought the GF pizza from Costco, and we had it for dinner tonight.  It was okay, not great, but I would eat it again.  Well, I guess we WILL eat it again, because the pizza comes in a 2-pack and I baked only one.

The bummer part... one of my GF kids seems to have intermittent dairy issues and the pizza made her feel sick. :(  I'm going to look at the ingredient list; maybe there's something else in it that bugs her.  It's odd; sometimes she can eat dairy just fine, and sometimes it's a problem.  It may be the dairy in conjunction with something else in the dairy-containing food...?

My dairy free dh can have goat milk cheese. It may just be cows milk that is the issue.

I roll it out on the pan like she does and cut it in to triangles (or squares for wrapping the souvlaki).  I havent tried circles.  But it often will peel apart top from bottom, like a pita.  I changed out the flours because I am alergic to tapioca and avoiding rice.  So its pretty complicated - like my other yeast breads  

1.5 cups mixed flours - equal parts corn flour, corn starch, potato starch, arrowroot starch, quinoa flakes and mixed grains (rice bran, hemp protein powder, buckwheat groats) and yes, that comes to 1/4 cup of each flour

Ok, other than that, the exact same ingredients.  

After beating for 4 minutes, I let the dough rise until doubled, then beat down again.  I line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Then I use non-stick spray and the back of a spoon repeatedly dipped in water to spread it out.  

I let it rise, but sometimes less time than she does (like 20  minutes or so).  I cant remember if long or short rise works better - but if you do 2 rises, the second one is usually shorter.  

Then the same - back 425 for 11-15 minutes until browned - i like it a bit dark, so not lightly browned, nicely browned.  Its lovely if it gets slightly crisp.  I cut with a pizza cutter and serve warm

We are eating pizza for lunch with this recipe right now and it is so good!  I used Bob's Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour and it came out just fine!

This is soooo much better than that califlower pizza crust I tried before. I also refuse to think about how many carbs might be in the crust....I Don't Care! :laugh: