Menu

sesame oil

Tohru

Do you like the taste of sesame oil?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the taste of sesame oil in food?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes, depends
    • what's sesame oil?

I'm making some one a meal and we use a lot of sesame oil, then after I sent my husband out to deliver the meal, I realized that maybe most people don't like it.  So, I've made a poll...at least I think I've made a poll

I like it, but only in certain foods.  I guess I'm thinking toasted sesame oil, which is the only kind I use.  Maybe un-toasted sesame oil has a different, milder taste?

Same goes for EVOO -- I like it, but only in certain foods. 

Chinese cooking use sesame oil in lots of dishes.  It is one of the reason why the smoke alarm goes off when I forgot to activate the vent fan while cooking stir fry noodles :o  

I like to sprinkle sesame seeds on the finished dish as well for garnish and taste.

I love sesame oil (toasted). It even makes ramen taste good :)

They used to sell a kind of top ramen called Sesame Chicken that was nearly identical to regular chicken but with a tiny packet of toasted sesame oil. It was my favorite when I was growing up and once in a while I look for it on a whim. I have no idea why it never occurred to me to just add some sesame oil to regular ramen.

I usually like it, but it depends on the food.  

Also, I assumed you were talking about toasted sesame oil.  The regular is so mild that many people wouldn't notice that much difference.  

I tend to associate regular untoasted sesame oil with massage oil  :laugh: .