Menu

Another friend moving away - having a pity party.

PrincessMommy

It's been a very difficult week.  My life is not in a good place right now.  I'm feeling very unloved and unappreciated.   So, Tues. I made plans to get together with a friend of mine for coffee & tea.  We've known each other for about 7yrs but have been building a close friendship for about 2.5 yrs.   She told me her husband has applied for a job several states away.   Even though this one might not work out, I know the writing is on the wall.  He's dissatisfied and, even if he doesn't get this one, he'll still be looking.

I live in an area where people move away from here a lot.  It's happened all my life since my 3rd grade best friend moved away.  My friends ALWAYS move away.  It never gets easier.

((HUGS))  We are in a high transient area.  I've had many friends here go.  This summer we see many leaving.  I was happy to hear of one staying one more year....our dd's are great friends.  But it's just a year.  

Will pray you find a wonderful new friend.  I'm hoping the new round of people moving in will bring us more friends as well. 

I'm so sorry.  It is very difficult.  :grouphug: 

We lived away from family for about 10 yrs., moving every 2 years. I kept my distance from people emotionally because I knew we wouldn't be staying in an area for long.  Then bout 15 yrs. ago, we finally moved back "home" where I felt I could really make roots.  In the first 5 years or so, 2 of my 3 siblings moved from here to the East coast, 3 good friends moved away, and my stepfather and 2 friends died.  There were other, but more minor, life stressors going on then as well.

I deepened my relationship w/God during that time because he was the only one who wouldn't leave me!  I realized I needed to ground myself in Him, not in other people.  (This may not apply to you. I'm just relating my experience.)

I hope you find new, long-term friends this year.

:grouphug:

I feel your pain.  I'm only half-joking when I introduce myself to a new group of ladies by saying "If your husband wants to get a great job in a different state, hang out with me, and be my friend.  I can help you start packing tomorrow."  :glare:

I've considered saying the same thing myself over the years. 

Well, today has been a little sadder. 

The one close friend my son (12) has made in our new neighborhood just told him their family is moving.  We moved in part because our old neighborhood was lacking in friends and moved to this bigger, more active neighborhood for the friends potential.  It just hasn't worked out as we had hoped - at all.  I'm just so sad for my son.  He's got 2 brothers, who are neighbors, he's friends with but they're not as close.  I've found that most people in this neighborhood are not really all that friendly and it's been hard to make any friendships.  Two other boys up the street a little older than my son are neighborhood/pool bullies - so that was a disaster.  

This move was so emotionally difficult for me and I kept clinging to the fact that ds had made a friend or two... but now I just feel like it's all been for naught. 

Feeling pretty blue today about it all.