Menu

Typically what Saxon level after singapore 5A/B?

grantmeawish

I want to enroll my Ds in a homeschool academy in 5th grade and he will be finished with Singapore 5a by the end of 4th grade.  I would like to get him finished through 5B before attending the academy, but I am sure he would balk at math through the summer. 

Has anyone transitioned to Saxon after Singapore? What Level?

Thanks

The best thing to do is to use their placement test. One of mine transitioned to Saxon after SM4b and tested into well into 7/6. I had my reservations about that and we ended up doing 6/5 instead. It ended up being a better fit. She was also 9 and I didn't see a need for her to be in 7/6 yet and the reason we switched to Saxon was because she was struggling with math so the higher level placement seemed a bit much. One more year of review and practice ended up being what she needed.

Give him the Saxon placement test.

When my son finished Singapore 5B, he placed into Saxon 8/7 by their placement test (I'm not using it - I was just curious). I've seen others have kids place into 7/6, so I'm with kiana - it depends on how well he's learned from Singapore.