Overhead Press 

TRX:

Low-Mid-High Row

Pushup

Saw

Side plank

Cardio

BodyStep Class

Today I felt really fantastic in my workout.  I wish I knew why so I could keep doing it!   :lol:

Last week someone asked about goals and I meant to respond but didn't so here they are:

1. Become a certified personal trainer - I made the first step yesterday and ordered study materials  :thumbup1:

2. Get back into yoga class, at least 1-2 classes a week

3. Perform 8 pullups, last year I was able to do four but I haven't been practicing and can only do one right now

4. Hit new personal records on my lifts.  Current PRs are 3x5 - Squat 135 lbs, Overhead Press 65 lbs, Bench Press 75 lbs, Deadlift 135 lbs, Power Clean 75 lbs

5. Maintain balance in my workouts and in fitting them in to my life

I had a great 5.5 mile run this morning.  It was cold but clear out, so I ran outside.  It was nice to not be on the treadmill.  I also added in some planks.  I'm working on a plank challenge.  It has you get to 5 mins by the end of the month.  I don't see that happening, but maybe I can make it to 3 mins.  Today, I did two 1.5 mins planks, one before my run and one after.  I also did my kriya yoga this afternoon.  

sunday - 3mile run/walk

Monday   - run was rained out   :glare: so I did bob harper ultimate cardio

tuesday - 1 hour walk/run with 30min HIIT of :30/1:30

Wedesday - Yoga melt down  and 2 mile walk with dh

Thursday - No More Trouble Zones

Rebounding

Everyone's doing so well!  :hurray: 

Reminder to me today:
Spend more time standing up during the day. One study found that obese people spent about 2 1/2 hours a day in chairs. Those who were up and moving around more burned about 350 extra calories a day. Even a little bit of standing and walking makes a huge difference. Any kind of movement – even nervous pacing – could help keep weight under control. Stand up while talking on the phone, and fetch things for yourself instead of asking your spouse or kids to get them for you.

I did my hardest barre DVD. It is 75 mins long and I am beat. My legs are all shaky in a good way. I am going to feel that tomorrow.

Which one was this? 

Kettlebell day.  Run 10 mins,planks, swings and halos, then 5 mins of TGUs (did 5 per side), then push-ups, squats (used 35lb, a move up), and heavy swings.  I cooled down with handstand practice(brusied both my knees coming down the wall.:) ), pull-ups and pull-over crunches.  

I'm laughing about the 46,000 miles.  One time my watch started recording miles every minute.  My pace was amazing.  :D

Which one was this? 

Ballet Body whole body workout.

http://www.amazon.com/Ballet-Body-Signature-Series-Total/dp/B00AHP15L6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1389730501&sr=8-3&keywords=ballet+body

That is my personal hardest whole body workout barre DVD. Physique 57 and Barre Method are also both very challenging, but to me BB total body is the hardest I own. I think it is because the upper body section is just relentless. And it is longer than the others:

warm up:5 min

upper body:20

Lower body: 20

Core: 20

Cool down:10

I think it is also a great buy because it is chaptered. You can do the warm up, upper body and cool down and you had a great upper body workout. Or you can do the whole thing etc.

I own all the BB DVDs (and a bunch more barre besides) and I keep coming back to those when I need a real challenge.

Right now I am trying to get three full body barre workouts per week for three weeks, and then I am going to switch to just lower body or core etc for a few weeks etc. Cardio is in there as well.

Who knows it will actually happen, lol. But, I live where it is dark and cold for weeks so there is nothing better to do, right? Gotta try something to pass the grey days.

I have the Ballet Body dvds as well and yes they are very challenging. Very. I haven't done one in a long time.

Negin, I stand a lot. I have my computer on the kitchen bar (we don't have bar stools) and stand the whole time I'm on the computer. I also stand mostly while doing lessons with my kids. Especially now that my tailbone is healing.

Well, I feel affirmed that you all agree Ballet Body is challenging, lol. I really like all BB workouts and find it a great workout, but I was convinced when I said it was my most difficult workout people would tell me is was easy peasy. At least I know I am working hard.

Today I did 60 mins on the nordic track. I didn't go as fast or as far as I did on Sunday but that's ok. I am a little sore from yesterday.

AMDG

I updated my original post, YAY!, and I have biking down for my added activity. I got a bike trailer for Christmas and today is grocery shopping day . . . Sounds like a win for me . . . If I do it.

I will do it.

I will do it.

I will do it.

I WILL DO IT!

Did you do it? I love having a bike trailer.

I watch a toddler (1YO) Mon. thru Wed.  He arrives at 7am and leaves at 4 pm.  So I have had to get creative by grabbing short bits of time between his napping and schooling DD.

Today I did my first 12 min kettlebell workout at 9:30 am.  I grabbed another 12 mins at about 1:30. Then I did my last and most intense 30 min. session with DH at 4:15.  It was nice spacing them out throughout the day rather than doing one long session at 7 pm!

did yoga - my body is returning to liking it as much as before. doesn't take much to "remind" it how good it felt.  I've doubled up the glucosamine for this week.  I also did a "spint walk" up my hill (about 70ft elevation gain in five houses).  doesn't take long, I want to do several a day. pleasant walk going back down the hill.  I figure if it's raining hard, I'll just hop on the nordic track for five minutes.

massaging my knee.  last night was weird.  when I used my hand, I didn't notice anything.  when I used the massager, there was one spot on the inside towards the top of the tibia that hurt like the dickens - as though someone had whacked it with a hammer, and it was hot.  there is nothing on the surface to indicate a problem.  no brusing, no swelling, no redness, not even any pain when I pressed on it with my fingers.  I kept at it with the massager, and it did eventually "break up".

I watch a toddler (1YO) Mon. thru Wed.  He arrives at 7am and leaves at 4 pm.  So I have had to get creative by grabbing short bits of time between his napping and schooling DD.

Today I did my first 12 min kettlebell workout at 9:30 am.  I grabbed another 12 mins at about 1:30. Then I did my last and most intense 30 min. session with DH at 4:15.  It was nice spacing them out throughout the day rather than doing one long session at 7 pm!

Exercise is like spare change. Every little bit adds up.

I got that quote from Fitness Blender. I should find out whose quote it is.

Leslie's Power Mile

Ballet Body whole body workout.

That is my personal hardest whole body workout barre DVD. Physique 57 and Barre Method are also both very challenging, but to me BB total body is the hardest I own.

I keep hearing about this one. Thanks. Even though I really do not need a new workout DVD, this one is said to be fabulous for the arms, especially for those, like me, who have a hard time getting results there. I'll likely order it from totalfitnessdvds - a bit cheaper, and free shipping (I think, or very cheap) and their coupon "10off" - I love that company. 

Negin, I stand a lot. I have my computer on the kitchen bar (we don't have bar stools) and stand the whole time I'm on the computer. I also stand mostly while doing lessons with my kids. Especially now that my tailbone is healing.

You inspire me. :)

I keep hearing about this one. Thanks. Even though I really do not need a new workout DVD, this one is said to be fabulous for the arms, especially for those, like me, who have a hard time getting results there. I'll likely order it from totalfitnessdvds - a bit cheaper, and free shipping (I think, or very cheap) and their coupon "10off" - I love that company. 

You can get a full 45 min (or is it 60 mins?) upper body Ballet Body workout as well. It isn't just arms, it gets in core as well.

I've never made it more than halfway through the upper body DVD, but the core and lower body dvds are my faves.

I can get stronger in my arms, that is for sure, but I never get definition or seem to build muscle there.

You all who like Ballet Body might like Barre3 too - its online subscription, but they do a free trial now, and I they have some videos on

. I bought some of their videos and stopped subscribing for  a while last year, but then got bored with just those workouts and started doing other stuff.  From the year that I did it all the time, I have some crazy dancer legs, I have to say. I just resubscribed because I really like their particular style of barre workout plus the variety. I find that their 30 min workouts are intense enough to leave me sore the next day - the 60 min ones are the same amount of intense, but with more of the restorative yoga added in. Just a thought if anyone is looking for something new...

Are we supposed to edit our original post each day or start a new one? Yesterday I didn't get around to doing anything, but today I did a pyramid workout with my dumbells. I also did some weight bearing exercises. I'm exhausted. I've had a busy week juggling the little ones, catching up the house from being down with the flu for a week, and a lot of extra work work that I don't normally have.

Denise Austin: Hit the Spot 10 Five-Minute Target Toners

You can get a full 45 min (or is it 60 mins?) upper body Ballet Body workout as well. It isn't just arms, it gets in core as well.

I've never made it more than halfway through the upper body DVD, but the core and lower body dvds are my faves.

I can get stronger in my arms, that is for sure, but I never get definition or seem to build muscle there.

Yes, I have the same issue with my arms. My arms and my core are always my biggest problem areas. Does the upper body workout have lots and lots of push-ups. I really cannot stand push-ups. Planks are fine. Push-ups are so hard for me. 

Are we supposed to edit our original post each day or start a new one? 

Start a new one. :)

I did a 60 min Bar Method DVD.

Did I say that Ballet Body is my favorite? Cause I am certain I meant to say Bar Method, lol.

You're making it hard for me to make a decision! :lol: